• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 ARU 7s Age Championships and Commonwealth Youth Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah you'd think it's a bit early - and club footy is on now.
Although a parent who was at the awards presentation said the ARU guys announced the initial Squad of 24 would be selected within 2-3 weeks & those players would be contacted. Then I assume there will be training camps used to select the final squad of 12.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah you'd think it's a bit early - and club footy is on now.
Although a parent who was at the awards presentation said the ARU guys announced the initial Squad of 24 would be selected within 2-3 weeks & those players would be contacted. Then I assume there will be training camps used to select the final squad of 12.
Yeah at the presentation they said they would be naming the squad of 24 (12 boy's and 12 Girls)within the week with 3 camps scheduled before the games and obviously they would want to make use of the school holidays for these camps leading up to the games in Sept. Mind you they may have been looking at the senior championships if any youth prospects were lurking in the senior teams.

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah at the presentation they said they would be naming the squad of 24 (12 boy's and 12 Girls)within the week with 3 camps scheduled before the games and obviously they would want to make use of the school holidays for these camps leading up to the games in Sept. Mind you they may have been looking at the senior championships if any youth prospects were lurking in the senior teams.

12 in each of the boys and girls squads is not many.... especially with school committments, injuries, and the fact that the games are such a long time away.

I would have thought it would initially be squads of 24 each, with some training camps to eventually get to a team of 12 each. We'll see I suppose!

Good luck to all the young men and women who are hoping to win a spot in the squad!

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Anybody know if the Commonwealth Youth Boys and Girls Representative teams have been picked yet?

Emails and letters sent to squad members today. 24 in the squad. 3 training camps in Sydney over the next few months with 12 being selected in the final team plus 3 shadows..... Teams announced soon I suppose!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah letter says they are announcing the 12 + 3 after first camp 10-12 April with 2 further camps in June and July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Would Riverview's Henry Hutchinson of its first XV past 2/3 years have been young enough to play this year?

From what I've heard, he's got the skills to play at the top level of 7's!

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Word is out that QLD Red's Reece Hewat (No.1) and Liam Moesely (No.12) have been invited to the wider squad (both Nudgee College boys)..... Anyone else heard about any others?

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
So from posts/grapevine today the Qld Red invites are

1. Recce Hewat
5. Jayden Ngamanu
6. Clifton Setu
7. Sam Edwards
9. Dylan Riley
11. Kris Verivis
12. Liam Moseley

any others?

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
From the GPS QLD forum:

"Hewat has declined the 7's as a busy year is ahead of him I heard . To much interference with GPS comp and Nationals which I believe he is focusing on selection for the the OZ schoolboy side but still a great honour to be put into the 24 man squad."

I had previously commented on that same forum that those finally selected will miss the last 2 games of the GPS season; there are also clashes with the individual school rugby camps, trial matches, also with the schoolboy trials, the nationals, aus school rep stuff etc... Busy year for boys with school work supposedly the priority.. and big decisions to be made if they are lucky enough to have options.

If for instance the 3 x BBC boys were to make the final team they would have three of their best players out for the last two games of the GPS season. 2 out of a 9 game season is a lot, espcecially if they are on scholarships and the schools therefore have a vested interest in them.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Girl's Training squad for the Youth Commonwealth Games
Emily Burke, Bulli NSW (16)
Shenae Ciesiolka, Westbrook, QLD (17)
Brittany Constable, Warrawong NSW (17)
Dominique Du Toit, Toowoomba QLD (17)
Eseta Fangaloka, Goodna QLD (16)
Jade Fonua, Liverpool NSW (17)
Jayme Fressard, Watanobbi NSW (17)
Tahlia Fuimaono, St Clair NSW (15)
Demi Hayes, Toowoomba QLD (16)
Ariana Hetherington, Rockingham WA (15)
Kirrily Laws, Roselands NSW (17)
Taylor Mapusua, Banyo QLD (16)
Samantha Maxwell, Cootamundra WA (17)
Kiara Meredith-Brown, Uriarra ACT (17)
Page McGregor, Yagoona NSW (16)
Racene McGregor, Yagoona NSW (17)
Riley McKay, Noraville NSW (16)
Claudia Obst, Harefield NSW (15)
Melaea Ofahengaue, Kincumber NSW (17)
Shanice Parker, Yangebup WA (16)
Amber Pilley, Tugun QLD (17)
Shana Povery, Alstonville NSW (16)
Sophie Quirk, Glenfield Park NSW (15)
Cheyelle Robins, Waneroo WA (17)
Mackenzie Sadler, Kensington Park SA (18)
Hannah Southwell, Cameron Park NSW (16)
Emma Sykes, Sippy Downs QLD (16)
Tangata Tupou, Broadmeadows VIC (17)
Laura Waldie, Camp Hill QLD (17)

Six teams will compete in the Girl's Rugby Sevens competition at the Commonwealth Youth Games in Samoa between 5 and 13 September - Australia, Samoa, Canada, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and the Cook Islands.

Boy's Training squad for the Youth Commonwealth Games
Lachlan Anderson, Kellyville NSW (aged 17)
Tim Anstee, Baulkham Hills NSW (17)
James Armstrong, Warrawee NSW (17)
Oisin Clarken, Doveton VIC (17)
Josh Coward, Greensborough VIC (17)
Nicholas Donghi, Hoppers Crossing VIC (16)
Sam Edwards, Stafford Heights QLD (18)
Tevita Funa, Fairfield NSW (16)
Harrison Goddard, Kenthurst NSW (16)
Reece Hewat, Figtree NSW (17)
Simon Kennewell, Collaroy NSW (18)
Jamie Kotz, Melba ACT (18)
Harry Leddy, Bonython ACT (18)
Robert Leota, Thornbury VIC, (17)
Sepesa Loga-Toragi, Annandale NSW (18)
Liam McNamara, Runcorn QLD (18)
Liam Moseley, Wooloowin QLD (17)
Maleli Motonicocona, Rapid Creek NT (17)
Jayden Ngamanu, Madeley WA (17)
Dylan Pietsch, Lake Albert NSW (16)
Dylan Riley, Hope Island QLD (17)
Clifton Setu, St Lucia QLD (17)
James Tautaiolefua, Eaglevale NSW (15)
Kris Verevis, Kuranda QLD (16)
Tom Wright, Coogee NSW (17)

The Boy's competition at the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games will feature nine teams – Australia, England, Fiji, Kenya, Samoa, South Africa, Singapore, and the Cayman Islands.

Three training camps are planned to be held at the Sydney Academy of Sport in April, June and July before a final pre-tournament assembly camp for the final squad of 12 players which will be in Brisbane between 3-5 September.

*All ages as at Monday 16 March 2015

This playing group will be targeting the 2018 and 2022 Commonwealth Games Rugby 7's squads.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
No Tyrone T?
Say it isn't so.
I watched him play 7s on Saturday night, coming off the back off the Youth Champs at Narrabeen.
I thought his name would have been on the list.

I also saw Simon K and Harrison G. They played well. Their names are on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.