• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratosph3R3

Stan Wickham (3)
The final of the U15s match has been shifted from the UWA Sports Park to the home of the Cottesloe Rugby Club.

Raining at the moment and expected to fall most of the day. A good day for ducks and props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Final score u15

WA 24 Act 14

Started off a bit scrappy due to wet conditions a first half was pretty even with Act taking HT lead 8-5.

2nd half was very competitive and both sides taking adv of opposition errors. WA made most of conditions and one or two poor decisions by Act saw WA pile on the pressure the last 15 mins.

Well played both teams.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Final score u15

WA 24 Act 14

Started off a bit scrappy due to wet conditions a first half was pretty even with Act taking HT lead 8-5.

2nd half was very competitive and both sides taking adv of opposition errors. WA made most of conditions and one or two poor decisions by Act saw WA pile on the pressure the last 15 mins.

Well played both teams.

And thus demonstrates the potential of Australia's west.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from the U17 Final here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/albums/72157666348392561

25986118752_2161539d44_b_d.jpg

25474160044_17658f20c2_b_d.jpg

25474236724_7a642e5e94_b_d.jpg

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Nice photos HJ.
38 - 3 is quite a shellacking, from your photos the teams look a quite even physically. Was it skill set or a game plan that contributed to the margin?

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
I only saw the last 10 minutes, I think it was 26 - 3 when I arrived. Someone else might have a better idea.

Two Dogs

Frank Row (1)
U17s
WA bigger and stronger generally.
Bris Gold dropped a lot of ball.

Sadly, I think that sums up our game.

Good Luck Qld next week in Sydney. Go get those Cockroaches.

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice photos HJ.
38 - 3 is quite a shellacking, from your photos the teams look a quite even physically. Was it skill set or a game plan that contributed to the margin?
Quite embarassing really considering Brisbane carried one 17s team into the JGC this year, watched the game and thought either Brisbane game plan was non existant or Brisbane failed to execute, pacy wingers and classy centers did not see much ball not sure why they secured enough, in my opinion I thought the passing game from the 10 was cumbersome and cost at least 2 tries one a predictable intercept, kicking game was aimless, I thought 6, 7, 8 worked hard all day however they lacked size to effectively carry over the gain line, I actually thought they looked like 3 #7s, # 6 in particular had a great game IMO.... silly penalties cost them a man in the bin cost them and crucial missed tackles that really need to be made at this level cost them, the tight forwards were out muscled. This was not a good look for Brisbane rugby, all credit to the Met West outfit they scored some very classy tries and two lineout drives, very well drilled team, well deserved win.
More of Brisbanes top tier players need to be made available, or this embarassment will continue, all credit to the boys that turned up for Brisbane but clearly out of their depth.

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yet another case of JGC thinking it's the be all and end all...... Central Coast JRU 15 an 17 rep coaches being told that JGC members MUST be selected for the upcoming country champs. So, if you've got the money to play JGC then you get an easy ride into the local rep team.

Status
Not open for further replies.