• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
if Nudgee can also facilitate participation for their boys then together with Terrace's involvement - these two teams will really make Met North a lot more competitive

Grammar too -definitely have a few players that would add strength

But will Nudgee and Grammar allow their guys to play and miss school Rugby

Big call for Terrace to let their guys play - they have State High that round and High will definitely let their guys play. Probably would guarantee GT the win if they stayed and played for their School.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Au contraire. GT won't manipulate boys to play or not play. interference and off the field influence is minimal in our short experiences. I am not ignorant enough to not know that the school will interfere with the club or the rep but these are 15 and not the first guy. Most do see the bigger picture and allow the chance for the compete with the peer.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Am quite positive Met West coach would want to have compete with the best possible and not have the victoire creuse or the hollow feel one of winning.

But Met North not like Macron!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hopefully all the players are allowed to play. Representative football is a great experience for the players and allows them to take that back to school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
In the 15's case it is another platform to have the players compete against each other ahead of U16/Opens Rugby and Schoolboys

A number of these players in the 15's will be in the mix for their School's Firsts programs next year and , the same as seasons past , a few of them will hit the Schoolboys pathway early

The overlay of this 15 Schools tournament into School Season ( GPS at least ) and U15 JGC / QLD U16 is a good, concentrated , competitive platform that will tell the boys a lot at the end of it , in terms of where they're at and where they want to be in 6 to 9 months time

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see 4 of the boys selected in the QLD team are at Ipswich Grammar so they be encouraged to play.

There is maybe some cross over but had a dinner with a league circle colleague tonight who educated me. He is well connected with the 2 sons playing junior nrl and some rugby. Many GPS boys playing league for the clubs Aspley, Logan and even on Gold Coast for Coomera but more than 1/3 of one u15 team from one school with junior league backgrounds from the regional area that joined to attend school.

He stated that almost 100% rugby boys would be the players for the Met teams with the elite league boys would have a few clashes on the July Met championships weekend. A grand finale rematch between Logan and Red land in u15 premier is one match and the squad for Bronco developmental has the camp for elite boys too. Busy weekend for them!!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Met West trials on out at Rangers tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how many non IGS and BBC players make it. Some raw talent out west. Unfortunately only a couple of kids from ISHS trailing.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Plenty of kids in red and white made the team. Some good kids from BBC and ATC too. Couple of state school kids were also named.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
All 3 Greater Metro Brisbane now have all their team selections finalised and it is fair to say that each of these 3 teams are probably missing anywhere from 3 to 6 players that would have been on each of their region's teams had they have decided to nominate / participate.

Having said that - East , North and West each have circa 8 to 9 players each that have represented City Rugby or QLD League and a bunch of other players in their squads that have that same capability as they develop

They are 3 x pretty evenly matched teams - each with their own particular strengths

Good luck to all players and enjoy , what should be , a great experience and a good time

B3nji

Bob McCowan (2)
Final Results of the Queensland Rugby Football School Union (QRFSU) U14-15 State Championships held in Townsville

DAY 4:
Play – off 9 / 10 PENINSULA 42 d WIDE BAY 7

Play – off 7 / 8 CAPRICORNIA 41 d DARLING DOWNS 0

Play – off 5 / 6 MET EAST 15 d SOUTH COAST 12

Play – off 3 / 4 SUNSHINE COAST 39 d NORTHERN 14

Shield Final MET WEST 19 d MET NORTH 8

2017 CHAMPIONSHIPS FINAL PLACINGS:

1 MET WEST

2 MET NORTH

3 SUNSHINE COAST

4 NORTHERN

5 MET EAST

6 SOUTH COAST

7 CAPRICORNIA

8 DARLING DOWNS

9 PENINSULA

10 WIDE BAY

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The new look U15 Junior Gold Cup is on next week. Games between 3 Qld teams, WA, National Indigenous and Victoria happening at Ballymore. Not sure what the format is down south.
Final being played at TSS as part of the U16 National Champs.

Alex Saunders

Frank Row (1)
The new look U15 Junior Gold Cup is on next week. Games between 3 Qld teams, WA, National Indigenous and Victoria happening at Ballymore. Not sure what the format is down south.
Final being played at TSS as part of the U16 National Champs.

team lists & game times?

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
This was sent to me from a Mate in Melbourne.

Melbourne Rebels U15s
The team will be playing 4 games over 5 days at Ballymore, home of the Queensland Reds. The fixtures are:

– Game 1 Sunday 23rd September: Victoria vs National Indigenous

– Game 2 Monday 24th September: Victoria vs Queensland 2

– Game 3 Wednesday 27th September: Victoria vs Queensland 1

– Game 4 Thursday 28th September Finals

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is there a link to the team lists for the 2 brisbane teams??
the changing face of Rugby in Australia. When i played under age rep rugby for Victoria, a very long time ago now i'll admit, no-one from the PI or NZ heritage. all white bread and public school.

Status
Not open for further replies.