• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelcane

Frank Row (1)
i questioned the bonus point system. Got an email from a hugh carpenter.
Bonus point for 4 trys only. and by losing by less than 7. Also it said they stuffed up the website by not putting up you get a bonus point by losing less than 7. They are unable to change it due to the web program

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
i questioned the bonus point system. Got an email from a hugh carpenter.
Bonus point for 4 trys only. and by losing by less than 7. Also it said they stuffed up the website by not putting up you get a bonus point by losing less than 7. They are unable to change it due to the web program

Ok you mean losing by 7 or less. So in U17's that explains why Sydney North West have 16 Pts prior to todays game. :rolleyes:

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No conspiracy. Same bonus point system that rugby has used for years
4 Win
2 Draw
1 4 tries or more
1 Losing by 7 or less

A few others ; First try scored, most tries etc. Stock standard.
As for what was written, copying and pasting is an art that I have not perfected. Maybe we need a high priced Lawyer to read over it before it goes to print rather than the office coffee boy.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip> Maybe we need a high priced Lawyer to read over it before it goes to print rather than the office coffee boy.

The G&GR unofficially sanctioned term for the "office coffee boy" is "unpaid intern".:)

I don't know about high priced Lawyers, but I reckon that there would be no shortage of high proced Anythings at Rugby HQ.

For a game that allegedly prides itself on its links to elite private schools and the higher education sector, it is rather disconcerting when the Centre of Rugby churns out work that would not pass muster at the <insert lower socio-economic demographic area> State Boys High School Year 9 Mid Year Exams.

Adam Osborne

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've been told the points are determined as follows:

Win 4 Points
Draw 2 Points
Bonus Point 1 point for winning by 3 tries or more e.g. 3 tries to 0 tries or 4 tries to 1 try
Bonus Point 1 point for losing by 7 points or less.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The G&GR unofficially sanctioned term for the "office coffee boy" is "unpaid intern".:)

I don't know about high priced Lawyers, but I reckon that there would be no shortage of high proced Anythings at Rugby HQ.

For a game that allegedly prides itself on its links to elite private schools and the higher education sector, it is rather disconcerting when the Centre of Rugby churns out work that would not pass muster at the <insert lower socio-economic demographic area> State Boys High School Year 9 Mid Year Exams.
Thought the "unpaid interns' were all sacked because of lack of money. This only leaves the office coffee boy !!??

Adam Osborne

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yesterday was the last pool game for my son in his U15's team, and it is hard to express how much he's enjoyed the experience. The group of boys from all different schools gelled together well, and the coaching, fitness training and support they've been given is second to none.

He's been able to be part of something that 12 months ago you couldn't dream about for a 14 year old boy.

A big thank you to everyone that made this happen; Coaches, Managers, Physios, Medics, Support Staff, BBQ Chefs etc, and finally ALL the boys who played their hearts out to make this happen.

It is going to be fascinating to watch this evolve over the years.

Ruckedknee

Stan Wickham (3)
Yesterday was the last pool game for my son in his U15's team, and it is hard to express how much he's enjoyed the experience. The group of boys from all different schools gelled together well, and the coaching, fitness training and support they've been given is second to none.

He's been able to be part of something that 12 months ago you couldn't dream about for a 14 year old boy.

A big thank you to everyone that made this happen; Coaches, Managers, Physios, Medics, Support Staff, BBQ Chefs etc, and finally ALL the boys who played their hearts out to make this happen.

It is going to be fascinating to watch this evolve over the years.

Was chatting to some Northern Inland 15 & 17's on Saturday at the Brumbies who echoed your thoughts - they had the time of their lives and an experience to remember and tell all their mates about. Will they ever become Wallabies? Who knows - but they can say at some level they played their part.

True though it's not all been plain sailing - I understand that the Brumbies 15's have had boys barely play or the coaches have tried to bring extra players in for the finals - the Brumbies 15's are definately going for gold alright - I just hope they don't lose sight of the 'pathways' part of this process and alienate a bunch of very talented players who have worked their guts out to get them there. As the Northern Inland kids obviously have discovered, it's the journey, not the destination...

Adam Osborne

Frank Nicholson (4)
Was chatting to some Northern Inland 15 & 17's on Saturday at the Brumbies who echoed your thoughts - they had the time of their lives and an experience to remember and tell all their mates about. Will they ever become Wallabies? Who knows - but they can say at some level they played their part.

True though it's not all been plain sailing - I understand that the Brumbies 15's have had boys barely play or the coaches have tried to bring extra players in for the finals - the Brumbies 15's are definately going for gold alright - I just hope they don't lose sight of the 'pathways' part of this process and alienate a bunch of very talented players who have worked their guts out to get them there. As the Northern Inland kids obviously have discovered, it's the journey, not the destination.

Apparently the Northern Inland boys got to go to the Brumbies vs Stomers game on Saturday Night and even meet some of the players after the game, that's a super nice touch. Well done ARU/Brumbies, that's the sort of stuff that will live in kids minds forever.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
So it looks like in the U15s Pool A Vic will play Pool B ACT for one of the two Pool semis this weekend.
Should be an interesting match.

The second 15s Pool semi is an all-Brisbane semi.

Wonder if ACT will pass the ball around a bit to their players or not.

*deleted*
Good luck to both teams.

the mexican

Bob McCowan (2)
Shane probably not a comment that needs to be made, it may be a joke but some people may not see it as such....and please rest assured they are not fake, most likely they are not done in Australia, maybe on a visit back to see relatives.

Adam Osborne

Frank Nicholson (4)
So it looks like in the U15s Pool A Vic will play Pool B ACT for one of the two Pool semis this weekend.
Should be an interesting match.

The second 15s Pool semi is an all-Brisbane semi.

Wonder if ACT will pass the ball around a bit to their players or not.

*deleted*
Good luck to both teams.

Yep, last year the Brumbies and Victoria U14 played each other twice, and anyone that watched those games would know that Friday's game is going to be very entertaining, as I am sure the Brisbane game will be. It is a cliche, but Rugby is going to be the winner out of this.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes both vic teams won yesterday to be southern conference winners and progress to the final. plus the rebels win, a good day all around for mexican rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.