• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

englishcharger

do we know what boys from the u15 qld side and any 16 years olds from the qld u17 boys trialing?

Mr_Trash

Stan Wickham (3)
They've just begun finalising coaching/manager roles in the last few days. Trials are the next few weekends.

BrumbyJacksMate

Peter Burge (5)
Looks like the U17 ACT team plays, Sydney West, South Australia, East Province, Sydney East and the Southern Province. Should make for some cracking games.

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would think we would want to be encouraging as many players from ANY sport to come and trial for JGC; League, Soccer, AFL, Chess (for that matter), I really don't care.

I don't consider that League players are "stealing" the spots of the loyal Rugby community. That attitude is short sighted and not in the interests of growing the game. Rugby players can trial for Matts if they so wish.

So I don't agree with compelling players to play club or school Rugby. We should provide an opportunity for all players to want to play Rugby in Winter. Period! If JGC is the "sampler" then great.

I don't agree with charging kids to trial as I feel that is a disincentive. Surely the State Unions can cover the costs of running the trials in their budget. Consider that an investment in the future of the game Unions!

Just because League choose not to charge doesn't make free the right price! There is no "Money Fairy", its got to be funded from somewhere. Most likely at least partially from those that benefit from the experience.

Yes I do agree $600+ is an unreasonable cost. As to what is a fair and reasonable cost for kit, travel and participation? I would have thought something along the lines of what a club would charge for registration for a season is fair.

I do believe there should be a financial contribution from participants otherwise all of community "Grass roots" Rugby are supporting the "gifted and talented". As long as all participants are paying the same fees and have the same opportunities then that's the price of pursuing this pathway.

Yes you're correct, rugby players can try out for Harold Matts and SG Ball but if they make the team they MUST register with a league team and play. The players that "benefit" do not pay a cracker..... Nothing.... 0 ..... No partial payment.

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who is off to Ballymore on Saturday?
Looking forward to seeing some sort of rugby.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
The trials in Brisbane have been postponed until next Saturday due to weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah, sorry, should have specified the U17's were cancelled.
Where and when were U15's trials held??

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah, sorry, should have specified the U17's were cancelled.
Where and when were U15's trials held??

Ballymore Saturday morning. Over 130 boys trialled for selection into 3 teams to be announced on Tuesday. Good luck selectors!

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
All U15 are invited back for a second trial next Saturday. Teams should be announced after that.
Difficult task for selectors, I know it rained, but it wasn't overly impressed with the day.
Loading one team with kids that made City, do they think we are stupid?
Same old same old hay.
Well they are saying the teams won't be the same next Saturday, so we will see what they do there.

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
So, if they pick an initial team of 35 like they did last year, that'll mean 105 of the 130 who trialled will be selected, or are they selecting the final teams (total of 75 boys) from these trials?
Will be interested to see how many boys trial for the one U17 team.

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
So, if they pick an initial team of 35 like they did last year, that'll mean 105 of the 130 who trialled will be selected, or are they selecting the final teams (total of 75 boys) from these trials?
Will be interested to see how many boys trial for the one U17 team.

We were told that teams would be picked after next Saturday's trials.
No mention of the squads of 35 at all?
But I suspect that they have their wires crossed and squads will be picked.
Saturday's trial was not as organized as last years.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Given the Sydney initial squads have been announced

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/Community/JuniorGoldProgram/InitialSquads/U17SydneyMetropolitan.aspx

Does anyone have a list of what schools or clubs the boys attend? And also what year they are in?

Also if anyone has a draw for the competition stage in 2016 that would be great. Still cant find anything online anywhere.

NSW site says draw available in next few weeks (said that for a while....)

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/Community/JuniorGoldProgram/Draw.aspx

ARU site counting down to the start of the 2015 season...... Got to love that community engagement........

http://www.rugby.com.au/FixturesResults/JuniorGoldCup2015.aspx

Roastie

Bob McCowan (2)
Refer to post #
Given the Sydney initial squads have been announced

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/Community/JuniorGoldProgram/InitialSquads/U17SydneyMetropolitan.aspx

Does anyone have a list of what schools or clubs the boys attend? And also what year they are in?

Also if anyone has a draw for the competition stage in 2016 that would be great. Still cant find anything online anywhere.

NSW site says draw available in next few weeks (said that for a while..)

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/Community/JuniorGoldProgram/Draw.aspx

ARU site counting down to the start of the 2015 season.. Got to love that community engagement....

http://www.rugby.com.au/FixturesResults/JuniorGoldCup2015.aspx

Refer to post #1493 for draw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just saw the Eastern Province U17s. Two player that play league in the squad. Well done ARU/NSWRU on keeping your DISGUSTING policy of allowing players to takes spots only to be allowed to return to their chosen code. Dead set joke. It's all good though, you've got your hands on the GPS players which was your goal from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.