• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ASICS partners with Australian Rugby Union from 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Australian Rugby Union today announced true sports performance brand ASICS as an Official Partner of the Qantas Wallabies and sponsor of Australian Rugby from 2014.

Australian Rugby Union Chief Executive Officer, Bill Pulver said the partnership with ASICS is a great vote of confidence in Australian Rugby and will be a terrific opportunity to access world-leading high performance apparel and footwear.

“The Qantas Wallabies are an iconic national team and we’re absolutely delighted to be working with ASICS to help us continue the proud traditions of our game and help our performance reach new heights,” said Mr Pulver.

“We’re particularly pleased that our other national teams, including the Qantas men’s and women’s Sevens, will also be part of this deal.”

The new deal extends ASICS’ existing partnership with Australian Rugby as the Official Footwear supplier of the Qantas Wallabies and Australian Rugby teams in 2013.

Under the new partnership, all Australian Rugby teams, including the Qantas Wallabies and the Qantas men’s and women’s Sevens, will wear ASICS apparel and footwear, with the ASICS logo appearing on jerseys.

Managing Director of ASICS Oceania, Allan Russell said ASICS is proud to be working with Australian Rugby.

“Rugby is a proudly celebrated sport in Australia and ASICS is pleased to have established a major partnership with Australian Rugby Union, an organisation with a rich sporting heritage,” said Mr Russell.

“This joint venture will enable ASICS to showcase our leadership in the innovation and design of sporting footwear and apparel, to enhance team performance.

ASICS not only applauds elite success but also believes in applauding participation in sport at all levels, so we’re looking forward to supporting all of the ARU’s programs, from the grass roots through to the Qantas Wallabies.”

In addition to its partnership with Australian Rugby, ASICS has a number of Rugby ambassadors, including Qantas Wallabies James Horwill, Israel Folau and Stephen Moore.

Australian Rugby fans will see the ASICS logo on Australian Rugby jerseys for the first time in January next year, when the Qantas Men’s Sevens competes in Las Vegas as part of the HSBC Sevens World Series.

The new range of ASICS replica Qantas Wallabies apparel will be available in retail stores from May 2014.

http://www.asics.com.au/news---even...-partners-with-australian-rugby-union-from-20

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Asics jersey
jersey.png

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Let's hope they put together something slightly nicer than that.

And maybe some special edition Asics Wallabies Kayanos...

M

Moono75

....so that's the reason the Wallabies have been playing shit. All we needed was a new jumper. They need to be focusing on other performance areas which might make a real difference.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
..so that's the reason the Wallabies have been playing shit. All we needed was a new jumper. They need to be focusing on other performance areas which might make a real difference.

Just between you and me, I suspect that Link, Blades, Jimmy Mc didn't have much to do with this deal. To be honest, good for the commercial team for signing some new deals. Hopefully its a strong financial one.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
..so that's the reason the Wallabies have been playing shit. All we needed was a new jumper. They need to be focusing on other performance areas which might make a real difference.

Even when the ARU announces something good, there is always a nark who wants to criticise them. Are you seriously suggesting that sponsorships are not important? What is your alternative?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Even when the ARU announces something good, there is always a nark who wants to criticise them. Are you seriously suggesting that sponsorships are not important? What is your alternative?

Much as this comment applies to me I am firmly of the view that asics make the best boots - so hopefully our players will be able to choose the correct sole for the playing conditions!

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Plenty of the Wallabies would have their own boot sponsorships, I think, which would take precedence over the Asics deal, IS.

It does take away somewhat from the look of the uniform when there's a rainbow of boot colours. It would be nice if they could be as consistent there as the rest of the outfit.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Plenty of the Wallabies would have their own boot sponsorships, I think, which would take precedence over the Asics deal, IS.

It does take away somewhat from the look of the uniform when there's a rainbow of boot colours. It would be nice if they could be as consistent there as the rest of the outfit.
Be good if the wearers of the boots could be more consistent too.
*nark alert*

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Thank God we've got a new jersey sponsor. The Wallabies loss in form has clearly been Kooga's fault. Bring on ASICS and the new Wallaby dynasty I say!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm just waiting for the $20 Wallabies jersey fire sale on the KoogGa online store in the next couple of weeks.

With a Bledisloe & the Spring Tour still to go its more likely to be their 12 Days of Christmas Sale or sometime next year before there's any big deals.

Hopefully Asics are more successful at making Wallabies jerseys than Reebok were.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
With a Bledisloe & the Spring Tour still to go its more likely to be their 12 Days of Christmas Sale or sometime next year before there's any big deals.

Hopefully Asics are more successful at making Wallabies jerseys than Reebok were.

Urrh, don't remind me of those horrible Reebok jerseys. I've hung onto my RWC 2003 jersey long enough, think I can smell an upgrade coming along.

Top Bloke

Ward Prentice (10)
Urrh, don't remind me of those horrible Reebok jerseys. I've hung onto my RWC 2003 jersey long enough, think I can smell an upgrade coming along.
Timmay - The 2003 RWC jersey was CCC - the Reebok vomit design was the 99 RWC

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Sorry, should re-phrase.

'99 RWC vomit jersey i refused to buy. Wore my old vintage Wallabies training jumper, complete with Schweppes badge on it.

'03 finally upgraded to a CCC yellow in time for the AUS vs IRL Test in Melbourne

'13 - figure it's time for an upgrade, but I really wish ASICS would design a match-day jersey for the 'plus sized' gentleman like myself.

Gotta say I've been happy with the KooGa gear, so sad to see them go. Always like CCC too.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Asics have been signing up quite a lot of players on boot deals in recent times. I would say it is part of a strategy to have most of the team in the same kit.

I also hear that Asics will be doing the Boks jerseys. They must be making a strategic push into rugby.

With KooGa changing to BLK I think the chances are high of the Wallabies wearing 3 different jersey brands in the next 12 months.

T

TOCC

With KooGa changing to BLK I think the chances are high of the Wallabies wearing 3 different jersey brands in the next 12 months.

I'd imagine that the ASICS deal is for at least 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.