• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ASICS partners with Australian Rugby Union from 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
so if this ones a Jackson Pollock can we get an MC Escher? That jersey would look awesome.

also, still not as bad as alot of the charity jerseys for the edinburgh gunners:

8790.jpg

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I can understand how a person could not be crazy about it, but for fucks sake there's subtle touches of green and a southern cross which dates back to the Canterbury jerseys.

Do you fucking work for Kooga/BLK or something Tahdan? It looks better and simpler than the 2006 and 2007 Canterbury jerseys.

Why the fuck would I have to be working for BLK to find this thing repulsive?

I just reckon there's way too much shit on this and it fucks up the whole look of the jersey.

I mean, if you're gonna do a collar that tries to hark back to the old white ones with green trimmings, then actually fucking do it! Don't have some weird half arsed shit with a random green blob in the middle. It just makes it look shit.

And yeah, the SC has been around since the CCC days, but only for a brief period really and it always made the jersey look a little busy.

Seriously, what pisses me off most of all is that the ASICS Springbok jersey rocks. It's classic, simple and elegant. Why couldn't they use that as the basis for the wallaby design? It's like they think we've all god ADD and so piled crap into it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
140425Springbok-jpg

wallabieshome.jpg

So the top jersey rocks and is classic, simple and elegant whilst the bottom jersey is repulsive, messy, has a random green blob in the middle of the collar, has gone all ADD and seriously pisses you off?

I think the problem is with you, not the jersey. You're comparing two things that aren't majorly different and describing one of them as being great and the other as the worst thing ever.

I think that unless the jersey is designed exactly how you'd like it to look, you're going to hate it which doesn't really leave much room to move.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And it looks like the Bok jersey has got that mesh-bra thing happening like the Irish Puma jerseys..........

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I think the problem is with you, not the jersey. You're comparing two things that aren't majorly different and describing one of them as being great and the other as the worst thing ever.

I think that unless the jersey is designed exactly how you'd like it to look, you're going to hate it which doesn't really leave much room to move.

No, the problem is with the jersey ;-).

It's pretty simple really, I just prefer classic and simple designs. This thing is trying to be classic, but it doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You're thinking of the wrong sport.........

It's AFL that utilises diagonal stripes in their "classic" designs.......... :p

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Your point has been writ large.
Maybe move on now, as I can't see anything wonderful being added to it.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The benefit of having a brand such as ASICS design the jersey is that they are willing to advertising the Wallabies as part of their brand. You may have noticed this advert on the weekend during some of the Super Rugby games

TahDan, there is a comment under the YouTube clip that shares similar sentiments about the jersey design to some of your comments here. The poster's name is Daniel..... coincidence ;)

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I like the new ASICS Wallabies kit, remember me the Gold Era of 1999-2003. KooGa was unlucky, Wallabies won too few games against ABs with KooGa

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There was a bit of chat a few pages back about some of the older jerseys. I found this one in my cupboard yesterday while trying to find an old QLD Origin jumper to wear to work. It's from the Reebok days and is a Seven's jersey but still, I remember it being quite 'out there' in it's day. Just thought some of you may be interested to see it.

IMG_1874.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.