• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yeah, was doing the math as I typed & thought I was being way too optimistic. But, seriously, is it too early to demand that someone be publicly flogged?

Honestly, he seems like a top bloke but to me, Blackadder is the same as a coach as he was as a player.....good. Not great or amazing - good.

Some pretty basic un-Crusader-like errors and mistakes in that game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Think it's safe to say McCaw won't be at the 2015 RWC. I doubt he starts another Test (deservedly).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Welcome to the world of Blues supporting ;)

Might be something about teams wearing a Blue jumper.

Tahs wear blue.

Tahs supporters drink beer and are used to sulking following underperformance and overexpectation.

The wheels fell of the Cantabs at the 30 minute mark, like the wheels usually fall off the Tahs Wagon in June each year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Young Hickey certainly stood up, interesting to hear that NZ cricket tried to sign him up, he a pretty good batsman.
Interesting to see Benji, didn't get on field last night.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good bit of wishful thinking Gwerty, how was he appalling? he missed a couple of tackles, and he got a broken thumb that he will be out for a couple of months!!

Just in time for the Rugby Championship and the annual Wallaby humiliation ceremony. :(

Not surprising that the GOAT fell off a couple of tackles if he had a broken thumb.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
When Marshall only made the bench initially, some league commentators were surprised but said that he isn't a failure yet. Yes, they were expecting Marshall to waltz in and dominate. The excuse then came that they will judge at the end of the season.

Wonder what they will say about Marshall being kept on the bench - and not getting on the field at all - by a 20 (?) year old kid...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
When Marshall only made the bench initially, some league commentators were surprised but said that he isn't a failure yet. Yes, they were expecting Marshall to waltz in and dominate. The excuse then came that they will judge at the end of the season.

Wonder what they will say about Marshall being kept on the bench - and not getting on the field at all - by a 20 (?) year old kid.

If they were smart they'd say he was kept on the bench by a vastly more experienced Rugby flyhalf. But its mungo commentators so who knows.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Marshall isn't this bad, is he?

"Time to end ‘awful’ Marshall experiment" read here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...scode-experiment/story-e6frf4w3-1226872487594
made it as far as the name "Chris Rattue" then ah righto gotcha. Got me there! The rugby league guy? Havent read his shit for years but last i saw he seemed to just think of the worst thing he could about rugby, then imagine it being worse than that, then type out a violently unhappy doomsday tirade without thinking, then embellish it with some more half-imagined worst case scenarios, probably grinning giddily to himself the whole time about all the rugby people he'd piss off and then click "submit" and sit back and watch the flames erupt.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Marshall isn't this bad, is he?

"Time to end ‘awful’ Marshall experiment" read here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...scode-experiment/story-e6frf4w3-1226872487594

Super Rugby’s high profile recruit Benji Marshall could be off to the English Super League after struggling to get game time at the Blues this season.
Marshall, who left the Wests Tigers last year after 11 seasons with the NRL club, is a recruitment target of English club Salford and its billionaire owner Marwan Koukash according to a News Corp report.
Koukash says a deal worth up to $3 million could be done this week after he speaks with club coach Iestyn Harris.
“We always looking at players of Benji’s quality,” Koukash told News Corp.
“Who wouldn’t be interested in him.
“I’ll be talking to our coach [Harris] about all the recruitment over the next couple of days. Benji will be one of a few players we’ll talk about.’’
Under English Super League rules, any deal done with Marshall is not counted under the salary cap as he will be classified a rugby union recruit.
This leaves the door open for a $1 million-a-season deal which is twice as much as Marshall is earning at the Blues.
Marshall has started just one game in the first eight rounds of Super Rugby with Blues coach John Kirwan preferring rookie Simon Hickey, who was promoted from outside the core squad of 33 players, in the five-eighth role and emerging star Charles Piutau at fullback.
smh.com.au

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...league-club-20140406-zqrcu.html#ixzz2y8fGkkOQ