• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
10 minutes gone. No score yet but Taylor is lining up a PK from 40 metres out. Should be 3 -0 to the Saders but he does a Blyendall and drops it short. The wind is behind the Canterbury team.

Not enough Whitelocks playing for them tonight.
FFS so why pick Slade?

Try Crusaders, Ellis to Read, feeds Flynn, Classic hooker's try in the corner - kick goes over, 7 - 0. Great tactical miss from Taylor to set up the try lol

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
25 minutes gone. Crusaders have scored meat and lead 10-3 1T, 1C, 1PK vs 1PK.

Tons of penalties so far - 10 against AUK, 3 against CAN.

Taylor just misses his second PK (a double Blyendall?).

Scrappy play. The Acme Thunderer is getting a fair workout.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The ref is doing a good job of fucking the Blues over so far.....

....and the Blues line-out making sure they stay pretty fucked :(

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Interesting comments from Piri there at half time. I think he's spot-on but I wonder if he'll get in any trouble for them.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think he will be alright. he didn't call them cheats or anything.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Another 2 tries for the Blues since half-time...Weepu with a BEAUTY little grubber for the 2nd....CMON BLUES!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Highly entertaining game. The Blues have some good reserves to help get then home.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They say the game is won and lost in the 10 minutes either side of 1/2 time, and if so, Surgeon Kirwan's team have this wrapped up. 4 tries in 15 minutes - two either side of oranges.

Blues making Cru look ordinary.

50 minutes gone. Blues lead 29 - 17 after Cru lead 17-15 at half time.

Bigger comeback than Lazarus by the blues. Going to fuck up my tipping, but hope they can go on with it.

Join the club. I've tipped the Whitelocks and Their Friends to win by 10 points. <cringe>.

Imagine what the Blue boys will be like when J Kaino joins them.

Edit. 56 minutes gone: Blues 32 Cru 17.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WTF? I turn my back for no more than an hour & 7 - zip becomes 17 - 32 with less than 20 to go, glad I didn't trade shifts again to watch it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!! NICE WORK BOYS!!

2014 - year of THE BLUES!! WOOHOO!!
Ah fuck, please tell me we at least salvaged a 4-try bonus point? & is it too early to demand that someone be publicly flogged. Anyhoo, congrats Blues & supporters thereof, if you need me I'll be drinking beer& possibly sulking a little.

Wifey says I should htfu, princess. Easy for her to say, she's from Chiefs country.