• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
So far he's taken it quite well, I think:

"Total spineless brainless flame-retardant capitulation from the Blues.

"42 degrees on the field and fahrenheit 451 in their tiny pea-hearted brains, burn the books, this one never happened. The Blues with a timely reminder, after a seaosn of non-Blues rugby, that THEYRE STILL THE AUCKLAND FUCKING BLUES AND WILL FUCK UP THE UNFUCKABLE FROM ANYWHERE ON THE PARK"

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...ng-australian-teams.17375/page-51#post-953091

I'm actually giving some serious thought to cutting & pasting it into my Un-Australian Activities blog (with a writing credit, of course :)).
Well, to be fair, if you do add it in to the blog (AND YOU SHOULD!) it would be obvious to any GAGR regular who the author is. But, credit where credit's due (and obviously I'm not referring to the Blues).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Too good to not share.......

images.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
2020!? The poor little bastard will only be 6 years old!

Too early to pin the entire hopes of the franchise on such young shoulders.

Even the great Isaia Toeava did not make his Blues debut until he was 11 years old.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think this takes into account the blues normally losing to burns unit xv's and beating the best in the world.

Anyhow puts the Aussie draw whinging into perspective
d8e1a61f0ceebe2c577066bc077609ed.jpg

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
You're always going to have the toughest draw when 50% of your matches are against four of the five best teams in the competition. That they also play the Lions in Johannesburg, straight off the plane, is just another kick in the balls.

EDIT: I see we're also playing the Sunwolves in Tokyo during the middle of the day, again. And the Crusaders at the back end of the season. Twice. Was this draw put together in Christchurch or something?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And the designated messiah for 2018 is (drum roll) Dan Kirkpatrick who last played for them (six times) in 2010 & has most recently been playing French D2.

Blues squad:
Hookers: Leni Apisai, Matt Moulds, James Parsons.
Front row: Alex Hodgman, Sione Mafileo, Pauliasi Manu, Isaac Salmon, Mike Tamoaieta, Ofa Tuungafasi.
Locks: Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Josh Goodhue, Scott Scrafton, Patrick Tuipulotu, Jimmy Tupou
Loose forwards: Blake Gibson, Akira Ioane, Jerome Kaino, Dalton Papalii, Glenn Preston, Kara Pryor, Murphy Taramai.
Halfbacks: Sam Nock, Augustine Puli, Jonathan Ruru.
First Five: Otere Black/Daniel Kirkpatrick, Bryn Gatland, Stephen Perofeta.
Midfield: Matt Johnson, George Moala, Tamati Tua, TJ Faiane, Sonny Bill Williams.
Outside backs: Caleb Clarke, Michael Collins, Matt Duffie, Rieko Ioane, Melanie Nanai, Jordan Trainor.

Appears Otere Black is still officially on the books (& presumably included under the salary cap) despite the fact he'll miss the entire season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There a few good players there, I wonder if they all are already planning how to disappoint their supporters next season!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ Awesome on paper loosies & backs, starting tight five looks OK but not too much depth. Gunna be another long season, I think & that's gotta be a worry for NZRU esp given how poor Auckland were in M10.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Looking forward to Dan Kirkpatrick running the team from Week 1 after Gatland and Perofeta idiotically collide at first preseason training and concuss each other for life.
He and Aaron 'Will' Smith can lead the 90's retro revival.

Aaron Smith. ANOTHER player CUT by the Blues. Not up to it. Thanks anyway. We'll go with fat guts Piri handbraking our shit halfway to fucken Henderson and back In related news, wonder what A.Smith calls that new hairdo of his. A classic Pubus Transplantus Platformus Elevatorus.