• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Alexandra_zpshasrj3kk.png

Blues board assemble in the catacombs of The High Performance Centre for the annual post-season debriefing. First up, coach Leon Mcdonald:

giphy.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I commend the lad. It's like leaving your job at Chernobyl to go work at fucking Google.
In fact, that could be a new name for the Auckland Blues High Performance Centre. "1986 Chernobyl". Maybe biff some cyrrilic in there for realistic CCCP outdated methodology heads-in-the-sand authenticity."1986 Chкаялуobyl".

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
NZHurld reporting that Beaugan is moving to Auckland but not necessarily Loss Bleus, noting that DC lived there for two years while still playing for Crusaders. If, as reported, he's sitting out the first two months of Super Rugby 2020 then heading to Japan for ~18 months it would make sense for him to remain a 'cane at least until he comes back to NZ.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=12243487

Me trusty google maps tells me there's a 1000km commute between CC and Auckland with a small swim along the way. With games on the weekend and training during the week, surely DC didn't actually live in Auckland during the season?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
'Course he did. Why else did you think McCaw got a pilots license and purchased a small helicopter that snugly fits the pilot and one passenger? To achieve a lifelong dream held since childhood? To become a dashing helicopter air rescuer? Pull the other one.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
'Course he did. Why else did you think McCaw got a pilots license and purchased a small helicopter that snugly fits the pilot and one passenger? To achieve a lifelong dream held since childhood? To become a dashing helicopter air rescuer? Pull the other one.

Handy things helicopters, with the entry points on the side.........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Impossible as it is to imagine, it looks like the Blues are going to get EVEN WORSE.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/113610698/the-death-of-club-rugby-in-auckland-is-coming-fast

NZ on the path to joining Aus as a nation where the game is dying.

Yep DP, I think you could read that about most sports, I was reading that League is folding up around the Granite Belt here in Qld, as noone is interested in running clubs etc! I would go as far as to say almost every sport around a lot of the world is suffering as weekends aren't what they were, and everyone gets so many options to fill in their spare time!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
> NZ rugby fraternity: The Blues are a basket place than needs to be turned around
> Also NZ rugby fraternity: Take all their best players away from them

Thus I say unto thee, f*ck off. Post-2019 his chances of selection will improve exponentially, regardless of where he is playing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Only trouble for Akira, I think most of his problems are in his head, and it will take more than a shift to fix him. I think perhaps he needs to listen to what he is being told by coaches etc, and perhaps not read the mail of fanbois who will not see his shortcomings!!! I know of noone who has been a good All Black or any international player that doesn't do the work required.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Only trouble for Akira, I think most of his problems are in his head, and it will take more than a shift to fix him. I think perhaps he needs to listen to what he is being told by coaches etc, and perhaps not read the mail of fanbois who will not see his shortcomings!!! I know of noone who has been a good All Black or any international player that doesn't do the work required.
Should go to Saracens like Skelton whos now 'the first or second best lock in the prem'