• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues vs Brumbies RD 10 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
It’s Thursday and there is NO match thread for this yet? **ON REPORT**
1 Pauliasi Manu, 2 James Parsons (C), 3 Charlie Faumuina, 4 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 5 Scott Scrafton, 6 Steven Luatua, 7 Blake Gibson, 8 Akira Ioane; 9 Augustine Pulu, 10 Piers Francis, 11 Rieko Ioane, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 13. George Moala, 14 Matt Duffie, 15 Michael Collins.

Replacements: 16 Matt Moulds, 17 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 18 Sione Mafileo, 19 Leighton Price, 20 Murphy Taramai, 21 Billy Guyton, 22 Bryn Gatland, 23 Melani Nanai.

God knows how Nanai gets dropped.
Or Ofa makes the AB’s.
Scrafton could be the real deal though.

2 teams level on points… but the elephant-sized elephant in the room is of course that the Blues are fucked playoff-wise yet the Brumbies will canter downhill to their very own guaranteed home playoff berth even if they put their little shorts on back-to-front because mummy said that they were good boys.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues injury toll is certainly up there:

Unavailable due to injury: Rene Ranger (ankle), Stephen Perofeta (ankle), Jordon Trainor (shin), Brandon Nansen (wrist/hand), Jerome Kaino (knee), Ihaia West (ankle), Declan O'Donnell (concussion), Patrick Tuipulotu (back), Josh Goodhue (hamstring), Alex Hodgman (calf), Sam Prattley (knee).

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
All bar three are leg injuries of some sort.

sledgehammer-swings.jpeg

And here we can see the Blues doctor and physiotherapist preparing themselves for another post-training recover session with the players.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
3 changes for the Brumbies starting side - Mayhew, Banks and Fakaosilea in.

1. Nic MAYHEW
  2. Josh MANN-REA
  3. Allan Ala'alatoa
  4. Rory ARNOLD
  5. Sam CARTER (c)
  6. Scott FARDY
  7. Chris ALCOCK
  8. Lolo FAKAOSILEA
  9. Joe POWELL
  10. Wharenui HAWERA
  11. James DARGAVILLE
  12. Andrew SMITH
  13. Tevita KURIDRANI
  14. Henry SPEIGHT
  15. Tom BANKS
REPLACEMENTS
  1. Robbie ABEL
  2. Ben ALEXANDER
  3. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN
  4. Blake ENEVER
  5. Jarrad BUTLER
  6. De Wet ROOS
  7. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
  8. Aidan TOUA

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
It’s Thursday and there is NO match thread for this yet? **ON REPORT**

God knows how Nanai gets dropped.

Or Ofa makes the AB’s.
Scrafton could be the real deal though.

2 teams level on points… but the elephant-sized elephant in the room is of course that the Blues are fucked playoff-wise yet the Brumbies will canter downhill to their very own guaranteed home playoff berth even if they put their little shorts on back-to-front because mummy said that they were good boys.

Thanx for starting this match post... I am travelling from Syney with Kiwi buddy to catch the match... Should be a cracker... always great to see these matches in australian rugbys regional heartland Canberra against kiwi teams...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Blues injury toll is certainly up there:

Unavailable due to injury: Rene Ranger (ankle), Stephen Perofeta (ankle), Jordon Trainor (shin), Brandon Nansen (wrist/hand), Jerome Kaino (knee), Ihaia West (ankle), Declan O'Donnell (concussion), Patrick Tuipulotu (back), Josh Goodhue (hamstring), Alex Hodgman (calf), Sam Prattley (knee).

Jeez and I thought the brumbies were doing it tough with injuries this year.. I'm sure the blues squad will still be a serious challenge... Lets hope neither team has more injuries after this match but it will be played hard so perhaps unlikely... Played in the shared spirit of our ANZACs...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I like Larkham continues to look to the future, providing opportunities building new players at the brumbies and Banks is another ... Brilliant vision in expanding the squad... Its another reason why players come to canberra and become great...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
All bar three are leg injuries of some sort.

sledgehammer-swings.jpeg

And here we can see the Blues doctor and physiotherapist preparing themselves for another post-training recover session with the players.

And I thought they were just all off getting new tattoos.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Dear Brumbies,
This is probably Australia's best chance to beat a Kiwi team in Super Rugby this year. No pressure, but if you fuck this up you're gone...............

Yours Sincerely
Bill Pulverised and Cameron Clyne

Status
Not open for further replies.