• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus Vs ABs - the battle for the spoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sully said:
hmhm Leroy Houston is the best no 8 in the country!

Oh dear, our northern friends have escaped fom the asylum, again. Can someone PLEASE lock the door. And keep it locked.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yeah, I have my doubts it will ever happen. He doesn't seem to have the drive.

We might see Higginbotham play 8 this year at the Reds if Leroy can't sort his sh*t out.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I had a sinking feeling when I found out Joubert was referee for this game. He'd better not be as poor as he was in the first outing.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scotty said:
I had a sinking feeling when I found out Joubert was referee for this game. He'd better not be as poor as he was in the first outing.
You can be glad Jonker dont ref this weekend. He had a bit of ashocker in the WP vs Cheetah match. Interesting to see A Aussie ref blowing this weekend in the Leaopards vs WP match tomorrow in Potch. Ian Smith from Sydney, hope they do this more often.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Lads, off snowboarding for the wknd, I'd say "Good Luck" but I'm a shitty liar. Hope it's a good game though!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's all about pressure

After watching the Boks beat NZ on the TV last night I noticed the major difference between the Aussies & Saffas was the pressure the Boks put on the Ab's.

The Boks always have a high missed tackle count but that's because the players are not afraid to fly up out of the line to stop any momentum the AB's may have. The Boks have a lot of faith in thier scramble defence which works for them we don't seem to scramble well at all.

McCaw & Carter seemed flusted & frustrated by the Boks to the point were both at different stages got involved in some niggle with different players.

I think McCaw really felt the heat the Boks were putting on the All Blacks even to the point that his decision making suffered, he had a gift 3 points which would have put them within 7 yet he took & scrum & the Boks buried them for a tighthead win.

For the 1st time ever I saw McCaw & carter really make some schoolboy errors whilst playing in thier own backyard just from relentless pressure.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Disco you summed it up nicely there. The same thing happen to the Bokke in Brisbane and if the Wallabies can do the same then it will be your day, if they dont its back to the black board.

They had Snor on a interview this morning in afrikaans TV this morning. He think the teams are close, the diffirense at the moment is that the Bokke can put aside a loss like Brisbane away pretty quick and move on to the next one with ease and start all over again. Thats the secret between the three teams. The All Blacks havent got back from the very first loss they experiense against us and this weekend we'll see if the Wallabies can put aside their previous two losses against the All Blacks and beat them at home.

Its all between the ears.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Considering the Boks won 5 out of 6 and their only loss came in there second last game, then I don't think that is the secret. In fact I don't think there is any secret - Boks are more experienced, better drilled and most of their players are at the top of their games. Not to mention they have a solid game plan which they can stick to.

Status
Not open for further replies.