• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Ted Fahey (11)
Link's 1st test as Coach.
QC (Quade Cooper) surely back as 10.
Running rugby and a win on coaching debut will do just nicely.
Go Wallabies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Link had better deliver the goods.

We have invested too much emotionally since RWC 11 to be let down again.

No Muppets please. Just football.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
MacKenzie has backed himself into a corner, he must pick QC (Quade Cooper), else he looks disingenuous.
The first Bledisloe should be pretty interesting.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
MacKenzie has backed himself into a corner, he must pick QC (Quade Cooper), else he looks disingenuous.
The first Bledisloe should be pretty interesting.

Yep, he's nailed his colours to the mast. The thing is though: he knows QC (Quade Cooper) and that bloke will run through brick walls for him now, such is the relationship they have. If Link can't get the best out of him there really is no hope for the guy.

Dmac

Frank Row (1)
Depends a bit on selection doesn't it? ABs would be thrilled to play that front row again! (lets face it who wouldn't!).
The way the WBs forwards struggled I can't see how QC (Quade Cooper) would have made any difference in fact its exactly the sort of game plan he struggles most against I would have thought.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Depends a bit on selection doesn't it? ABs would be thrilled to play that front row again! (lets face it who wouldn't!).
The way the WBs forwards struggled I can't see how QC (Quade Cooper) would have made any difference in fact its exactly the sort of game plan he struggles most against I would have thought.

That same pack played bloody well in the first two tests, so I don't think it's a slam dunk in the AB's favour. What was missing in all three games, however, was some semblance of cohesive attacking plan and structure. That's something QC (Quade Cooper) can help with.

Kaz

Ted Fahey (11)
Really hoping Link will target 'Scrum ascendency'! Ox or Topo as scrum coach pls.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Yep boys will be firing after a Crusaders or Chiefs S15 title win too.

Not sure how the Crusaders or Chiefs will win the title.

They would have to travel to Pretoria and win it or come back to Oceania from Pretoria and win it. I'm predicting another Brumbies/Crusaders classic in Canberra with the Brumbies to sneak it in because of the Crusaders travel.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yep, he's nailed his colours to the mast. The thing is though: he knows QC (Quade Cooper) and that bloke will run through brick walls for him

As long as he doesn't have to put his head in the contact zone... Let's hope the brick wall isn't trying to tackle him - no idea where the offload will go...

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Really hoping Link will target 'Scrum ascendency'! Ox or Topo as scrum coach pls.

Part of our problem with potential scrum coaches is that candidates like Ox Heath, Andrew Blades, Ben Darwin etc. were never dominant in the scrum.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
TPN was back training yesterday so I expect he will be back in the frame for this test.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.