• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It was bad on both ends and I clear the ball much faster than that, thank you very much.

Hahaha - fair enough....I'll have to take your word for that :)

If it was bad on both ends (which I don't really think it was) yet the ABs were still able to get quick clean ball, it's again the forwards not cleaning out well that's really at fault. As a lot of posters here have already said.

M

Muttonbird

The booing of QC (Quade Cooper) has taken on a life of it's own. NZ fans deride him for the on-field incidents and Australian fans for the off-.

The fact that it is still happening indicates the public, or at least a significant proportion of it, doesn't buy Cooper's "reformation". He has cleaned up his act on the pitch but I think there's reason for doubt that he's moved away from that self-important, team-splitting way of doing things.

I'm not saying leaving the stadium with two hot chicks on game day is necessarily the worst of crimes but wouldn't a player determined to right some wrongs be fully focused on the team and the match?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did anyone watch the Ch10 feed?

One of the Junior Jarses reports that they showed a graphic at the end of the game that had the final score as Lions 47 Wobs 29.

Oops!

M

Muttonbird

WallabiesvsLions_zps7fe59c26.jpg

Reactions: gel

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Awesome screen grab. Thanks Muttonbird.

So that is a fact. We lost the B&I Lions Series 1-3, and the 2 game Bledisloe Cup series starts next week.

Not sure that even that will help us though. :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lots of people are giving Genia points on the 3-2-1 thread, some even gave him 3! Apart from one exhilarating run, I thought he was awful. Meerkatting, slow, loopy passes. a masterclass it was not. For that we should see his opposite number.

I thought has reasonable in the first half (apart from the pass to Leali'ifano which led to Cruden's charge down try).

His 60-70m run to score was brilliant but that was it.

He fell away awfully in the second half though. He was definitely not amongst our top 3 players.

Aaron Smith was substantially better.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I gave Sanchez some MOM points. A Smith played a better game and was probably substantially better.

After MFH, there really wasn't too many left IMHO. Even though MFH had a top notch game, and IMHO deserved 3 points, he was also substantially outplayed by an overweight, underprepared, geriatric Black 7 who was also saddled with Captaincy responsibilities.

Lilo dropped off my MOM radar on the back of that chargedown, and a couple of poor passing options, but in hindsight he was pretty sound in many other aspects of his game, especially his reliable boot which kept us in touch until the AIG's decided to put their foot down.

Two Dads didn't do much spectacular but he was reasonably sound on defence and made a couple of reasonable attacking runs. I'd still like to see him pass Gilbert along the line a little more often. His step, dummy and take the pill into contact is becoming a little too predictable and the defence are seldom left guessing as to his intentions.

Squeaky Moore was OK in many aspects of his game, but as a hooker he should hook the ball. Forgetting to do so, or not getting into a position to do so is, in my book, unpardonable for an international #2 seeking to get my 3 MOM points. He was brilliant on the Foxtel Rugby Central Desk after the game, moreso given the magnitude of the hiding we had just received.

The rest of the mob were pretty much meh if not worse - Double meh, and then there was MMM.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Squeaky Moore was OK in many aspects of his game, but as a hooker he should hook the ball. Forgetting to do so, or not getting into a position to do so is, in my book, unpardonable for an international #2 seeking to get my 3 MOM points. He was brilliant on the Foxtel Rugby Central Desk after the game, moreso given the magnitude of the hiding we had just received.

Like, like, like!!

I thought he did a great job afterwards on the desk and seems to be one of the few Wallaby's that really understands the hard yakka it will take to be the best.

Or he just knows how to say the right things......but watching him play, I highly doubt it.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
Lots of people are giving Genia points on the 3-2-1 thread, some even gave him 3! Apart from one exhilarating run, I thought he was awful. Meerkatting, slow, loopy passes - a masterclass it was not. For that we should see his opposite number.
Not only outpointed by A Smith but even the staffer 1/2 backs and White gave better service on he weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
Haha White was on the field for 3 minutes! FFS
Yes and he cleared the ball quicker than Genia. Genia needs to look at the SA Argie game to see how du Preez cleared the ball - I don't think the Ref had to tell him to clear it once.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yes and he cleared the ball quicker than Genia. Genia needs to look at the SA Argie game to see how du Preez cleared the ball - I don't think the Ref had to tell him to clear it once.

While I do agree that Genia's service was quite slow, he had no bodies in motion as viable passing options. Too often the backline was not ready for the ball, and the 'pod' of forwards consisted of one fatty who just happened to be in the way. The forwards are going to have to work a lot harder to get around the corner this week.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
After watching the game again, a few things that I didn't see real time:

- kuridrani was very poor in his stint.

- Genia was also poor, masked by his runaway try which was set up by hooper anyway. His decision to chip for Horwill to chase was as bad as they come, his box kick was also poor plus delayed service many times.

- Slipper and mowen were better on second viewing, although both have scope for improvement as well.

- Simmons was not far behind hooper as our best forward

Bill McLean (32)
Dear Mr Dwyer,

I for one never supported your sacking during the mid 90's. Admittedly I was never a fan of your coaching methodology which only seemed to be geared toward beating the AB's, however I am finding it somewhat degrading that I can longer drink in my local establishment without hearing some refugee from the Eastern Australian islands sing 'God Defend NZ'. F@%k me even my children now know the words!

It has been ten long years in the wilderness as a demoralized Wallaby supporter, and I am getting desperate. Even sheep are starting to look attractive to me. I am in desperate need of your assistance!

Given that Ewen was one your charges once upon a time I am hoping that you can influence him via yee-ole galloping green relationship from days gone by. Surely he'd listened to his old club and national coach!

Please Bob your are only hope. All is forgiven Bob, please come home.

If you can't can you at least send him your 'best selling' coaching manual? I'll have a whip around the G&G forum and I am sure that between us we can raise the cost of the same. Better still would you mind if we photocopied it and sent one to the Tahs and Reds coaches? Perhaps even the 20's coaches? Just for old times sake Bob?

Your desperately,
Demoralised.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
bullshit he only passed the ball 6 times. quicker service my arse.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.