• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Smith won toss. We will bat. Bit overcast, bit green. going to be a tough first session.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Openers are cruising at 0/127. Kiwi's haven't looked like taking a wicket.

Weather looks pretty ominous though.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Storms have come through late into the evening the last couple of days so hopefully the trend continues.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Half way into session 2 and Warner just gives away the fist genuine edge.

0/150. Great start.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's a fantastic start from the boys, especially Burns. He's looked really at home out there.

EDIT: I say that and the bugger gets out!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What a first day. Stoked for the new boys coming in and getting amongst it, meaning that we don't have to rely totally on Smith and Warner to get 'em all. I don't think the track is that flat and there were times when the Kiwi bowlers worried us but not consistently enough I feel. Should be looking at a score of 500-550 really.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
2/389 is about as good as you could ever hope for on day 1 at the gabba. Didn't watch a ball. Was there much movement?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bits here and there under cloud cover. Southee was good, but poorly supported by Boult who looked short of a run and only found a bit of rhythm after lunch. Not many chances created while McCullum was playing shake n bake with his field placement either.

Great batting by all the top 4 so far. Long may it continue. I want 5/600 with 10 overs to go tomorrow, and then rip their heads off.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great position for us to be in. Realistically, you should never lose a test match from 2/389 stumps day 1. Smith will need to take into account that afternoon storms generally affect at least a couple of days of the Brisbane test and manage declarations accordingly.

Good to see Warner back to his best.

Glad to see Burns went well. Such a pity he wasn't on the Ashes tour.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Good innings from the top 4. Warner the pick of them, but Khawaja played fluently, Burns was composed, and nice early acceleration from Smithy put the pressure back on New Zealand immediately.

Smash the way to 500 in the first session, declare looking for wickets before the rain?

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Late afternoon subtropical stuff though innit Reg? Get at least 2 sessions in a day hopefully?

Otherwise Smith will be declaring at 400 and hoping everything goes well from there.

I think a couple of storms for the next couple of days and then showers.

I've got money on the draw so doing some rain dancing.

But then again, I'm also going camping this weekend so...you know...fuck!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Most impressed with Khawaja's innings. Very composed and in control of his shots right through his stay at the crease. Very good 100.

Also thought Burns played a good hand too.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah he was fantastic today and looks to have made the necessary adjustments to his game to make him a better batsman. Moving up to QLD I also think was the making of him.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think a couple of storms for the next couple of days and then showers.

I've got money on the draw so doing some rain dancing.

But then again, I'm also going camping this weekend so.you know.fuck!

Either way: Unastrayan

Status
Not open for further replies.