• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AUS Vs WI 15/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Personally the most exciting thing about tomorrow's match is the return of James Pattinson to test cricket.

Toss will be crucial for determining the length of the game IMO, here's hoping we bowl first and the Windies construct a respectable first innings total.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I agree about Pattinson.

Not sure that this WIndies batting lineup will be able to bat for a full day - they'll be entertaining, but I suspect that they will lack the necessary technique and temperament to amass runs in test cricket. I guess we'll know in a couple of days about that. From a WI point of view, it might be better to lose the toss and bowl first - their bowlers are reasonable and if they get a couple of early wickets, our middle order is shaky to say the least. If Warner and Smith go early it's not beyond the realms of possiblity that they could knock us over cheaply.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Then there's the other side of the coin where Warner and Smith continue to plunder runs, we score 500+ and then bowl them out cheaply and the test is over within 4 days.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'll be surprised if WIndies score 300 in any innings in the series. Their only hope is bowling us out cheaply. Even Brian Lara doubts their ability with the bat and says that their only hope is to bowl first.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The times they have changed...........

image.jpeg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/947601.html

On 6pm finishes this week plus working til 4 on Saturday so not expecting to see much cricket this weekend.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Windies attack is pretty handy and if the track down in Hobart is as green as it looked they could be a handful. The batting looks a little ropey though. Our boys just need to focus on doing all the basics well and not get too ahead of themselves. We're nowhere near the finished article as a team and quite frankly we were a bit fortunate to beat the Kiwi's 2-0.

I'm also really looking forward to Patto cutting loose. That bloke is a star in the making if he stays healthy.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Opening bowlers have sent down a couple of nice balls, with some play and misses and a near chance off Warner, a little movement a times but in between there has been some absolute filth.

Too many half volleys and half trackers. Anything loose is getting absolutley smashed by the Aussie openers. Been pretty good batting

Roach is looking merely a shadow of the bowler who all but ended Ponting's career

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Gabriel with a absolute jaffa. 147km/h right through Burns's gate. He looks like a decent prospect if he can keep the pace up.

Pressure on Burns as opener will continue. Fished at a few with that angled bat. We still need to find someone else to open the bowling I reckon.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Smithy gone through some clever spin bowling. After a shaky start, if they could get Warner soon, Aussies all out for under 300 is a genuine possibility.

Albeit Warrican bowled an absolute shite one to start off Voges innings.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
WIndies have taken the big wickets, but Aussies still rollicking along at 5 an over.

They're into the middle order, but too many loose balls letting off the pressure.

Even if wickets fall, at this rate we'll be 300 just after tea.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Voges playing very well - into the 70s and going at a run a ball. Some loose bowling has helped, but SMarsh is marooned at the other end as if batting in quicksand.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Taylor, Roach and Gabriel going at 6 an over. Holder the pick of the bowlers and the spinner Warrican chipped in nicely for a couple of valuable wickets.

The game is as good as gone for the WIndies already. 3/257 at tea and no reason why we can't be well over 400 against a tiring, inexperienced attack by stumps.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Were 10 overs behind at Tea as well. Unless they dramatically pick up the pace, think we're headed for a long day 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.