• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Baa Baa's Vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Just read a piece on Rugbyheaven that the Aussie Baa Baa's will be playing Canada on the Goldy on the 26th of August. Seems as though fringe players will be getting a run.

Few questions i have are

Is it being shown on tv?

How much is the game?

Im assuming it's at Skilled Park?

Any light on this would be appreciated

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Have a look at the Ticketek website. 7.30 pm at Skilled Stadium. My guess is that it will be televised by Fox Sports.

Nothing that I could find on the ARU website. Pathetic.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Yeah, at skilled park, ticketek are selling the tickets.

I would assume that it would be the same as last year, where fox had a feed on their website. But with players like TPN, Drew and Palu rumoured to play, it could be more popular and get on one of the FS channels.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Only one valuable player... Jamie Cudmore
And he might get a yellow card pretty early after the start of the game

Cudmore will be a 50% chance to be more of a liability than an asset. Guaranteed to put the hurt on a few players though. Would like to see a collision between him and TPN! I'm just glad they've finally dropped his younger brother out of the squad, who is awful.

DTH Van de Merwe (Glasgow Warriors) has had a great past couple of seasons on the wing and in the centres for them. Scoring a lot of tries on a team that doesn't get that many.

Jebb Sinclair has just signed with the London Irish after a great churchill cup campaign, plays blindside. big boy at 6'4 and 100kg. very mobile and hits the rucks hard.

as usual we've got some good young props. Frank Walsh is a newfie who's been getting mentored for the past few years by Rod Snow and Mike Cron has been running scrum camps for the national team this year.

in the backs, Conor Trainor is coming into form and its high time nathan hiryama starts to turn his incredible potential and exceptional athletic ability into some great rugby.

Sydney born and raised James Pritchard, captain of bedford in the UK, will rack up the points with the boot, though he's getting a bit long in the tooth these days. too slow for wing and not enough counter out of full back....but I think we need his boot!

In the past 3 years we've beaten Argentina A, France A and Italy A. I'm hoping we'll surprise and make it reasonably comeptitive...sounds like it will be a strong baa baa's team though with guys in the tri nations squad who aren't playing against the big guns playing.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sir Arthur whats the go with Adam Kleeburger? I coached against him when he played for UVic a few years ago and he was fantastic. Was the best player I saw in my time in Canada. I know he has played some rugby in England but I thought he would kick on. From what I gather he is back playing in Canada.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I think he's had a couple injuries.
I know he had a stint in the ITM cup last year for Auckland, but didn't get much game time.
he's got a pocockesque build and is fast with a great work rate around the park.

could be passport issues with playing in europe. he's been a staple in the canadian team for awhile now.

T

tranquility

Do you know anything about Robert Dejong? I think he played a little bit in the national 7s setup

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Do you know anything about Robert Dejong? I think he played a little bit in the national 7s setup

sorry don't know anything about him!

our 7's program is starting to breed some quality players and is attracting a lot to the game. a few successes such as HK are helping and as a result of that success and the inclusion in the olympics Rugby Canada is getting a lot more government funding and access to top facilitiees.
at the moment the national team is heading to whistler to train for 10 days at the state of the art training facilities builit for the olympicsl. previous years they'd be at a private school on vancouver island basically just doing drills!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Would love to see Berrick Barnes have a run in this game, at either 10 or 12. We need to make sure he's ready, same goes with Rob Horne.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I'd think we'll see all the guys returning from injury and those fringe players who won't be in the team the following night in the line up for this one.

I hope FS shows it live....world cup year. i don't want to have to trick work into flying me up for work so i can catch the game! want to use that trick for the 7s!

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
he's an idiot. when he doesn't get kicked out of the game for king hitting someone he's valuable to have....but that doesn't happen too much!

Mate i don't know where you are from but i dated a girl from Winnipeg once where he is from and she was an absolute lunatic.

I have met some great people from there but there seems to be a lot of crazies from that town!

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Mate i don't know where you are from but i dated a girl from Winnipeg once where he is from and she was an absolute lunatic.

I have met some great people from there but there seems to be a lot of crazies from that town!

he's from squammish, about 45 minutes north of vancouver....not winnipeg at all.

and to answer above, just youtube him or search for him on rugby dump. his highlight reels consist of king hitting people, getting crunched by tuilagi and a few monstrous tackles of his own.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
he's from squammish, about 45 minutes north of vancouver....not winnipeg at all.

and to answer above, just youtube him or search for him on rugby dump. his highlight reels consist of king hitting people, getting crunched by tuilagi and a few monstrous tackles of his own.

Hmmm, it's not what wikipedia says. But will check it out. Cheers. Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.