• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Slim, I believe there might have been some sort of letter of intent between the Rebels and certain players/coaches, but as we've seen so often, such pre-agreements are non-binding and would be very unlikely to be enforceable in the event any of the parties wished to withdraw.

Even so, I'm sure I saw somewhere that Coleman's situation had another caveat as well which I can;t now recall but might have been related to Wessels in some form or other.

In any case, I'd say it's certain that no contract between Coleman and the Rebels exists, and if Coleman decides he doesn't want to go to Melbourne for whatever reason he will have no difficulty in doing what he decides is best for him. And if that happens to include a 12 month contract in Europe, then he will still have every opportunity to return to Super Rugby to cement his place at the 2019 RWC.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's no real need for Coleman to rush into sorting out where he is playing next year, particularly if he is going to stay in Australia.

He knows he is tied up with the Wallabies until December, has a contract with the ARU for next year and effectively can pick the Super Rugby team of his choice (except maybe the Reds who have a tonne of locks already).

I'd guess that if he is going to go overseas it would be more likely to be announced sooner because the starting time would be much sooner.

T

TOCC

So which Aussie schoolboy has signed with NZ rugby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
If Chieka decides that Coleman is essential to the 2019 RWC he can play 2018 and 19 in Europe, sign a contract for 2020 and get picked, FFS on past performances why not guarantee him the Captaincy as well.

Australian Rugby = Ethical wasteland. I still wonder why people were in any way surprised at the outcomes we have seen, they are direct results of past leadership decisions.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

It would appear so, Chiefs have apparently recruited another Aussie schoolboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jono Lance has signed with the Worcester Warriors.

At this point it only seems to be a short term deal during this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jono Lance has signed with the Worcester Warriors.

At this point it only seems to be a short term deal during this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So another one of the very few Aus No 10s is heading off shore. Even if only a short term contract atm, every likelihood it will extend if he performs. Still, not much to hold him here. No realistic chance of higher honours.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So another one of the very few Aus No 10s is heading off shore. Even if only a short term contract atm, every likelihood it will extend if he performs. Still, not much to hold him here. No realistic chance of higher honours.

Abso-bloody-lutely.

If Jono isn't wanted in the broader WB squad, with Quade ditched, and no recognised back up 10 in the group, what does this say? Add the ARU shrinkage debacle and we deserve what we get.

Well actually no, we the fans don't deserve it, but Cheika has made his bed.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah I suspect the wallabies have known this was happening for a while. Thus the urgency to bring in the likes of Fainga'a and Uelese.