• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I doubt that RA would keep him even if we remain unbeaten for the rest of the calendar year!!! His overall win/loss ration would still be unacceptable.

B

Bobby Sands

I doubt that RA would keep him even if we remain unbeaten for the rest of the calendar year!!! His overall win/loss ration would still be unacceptable.

Agree.

I thought it seemed very strange that he was floating the idea of staying.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Michael Cheika has to go today. His time as Wallaby coach under any metric is woeful. His continued support of Bernard Foley at 5/8th will mean the Wallabies will not advance past the pool stages of the RWC. Seriously does anyone think we will get any better?? We have nothing to lose. If we are going to lose lets go down swinging, bring in Quade Cooper who is the only X factor player we have. Sure he might cost us the odd game, but we are losing anyway. But he also has the ability to win us games and that is something Foley sadly is not capable of.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Michael Cheika has to go today. His time as Wallaby coach under any metric is woeful. His continued support of Bernard Foley at 5/8th will mean the Wallabies will not advance past the pool stages of the RWC. Seriously does anyone think we will get any better?? We have nothing to lose. If we are going to lose lets go down swinging, bring in Quade Cooper who is the only X factor player we have. Sure he might cost us the odd game, but we are losing anyway. But he also has the ability to win us games and that is something Foley sadly is not capable of.

unfortunately I reckon Foley has both won more games for the Tahs and lost less games for them, that QC (Quade Cooper) has won and lost for the Rebels/Reds over the last few years.

B

Bobby Sands

A friend of a friend who knows a guy?

QLD rugby circles are pretty small my friend.

McMahon went to Nudgee & is a few years younger than me. I know this seems crazy to you, but rugby players are also socials beings & drink beers while also venting about their workplace - similar to other humans.

Take it to the bank that he & Cheika don’t get on.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Foley got dropped last year and it changed nothing.

On to the next idea please.

B

Bobby Sands

Foley got dropped last year and it changed nothing.

On to the next idea please.

Yep lock him in, no need to look at anyone else.

He’s crap but the best we’ve got, that’s how the logic goes doesn’t it?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yep lock him in, no need to look at anyone else.

He’s crap but the best we’ve got, that’s how the logic goes doesn’t it?
No, the logic goes - use whoever you want its not going to suddenly turn this team into a winning one.

Tired of people banging on about Foley after every match as if he was the determining factor. He isn't.

B

Bobby Sands

No, the logic goes - use whoever you want its not going to suddenly turn this team into a winning one.

Tired of people banging on about Foley after every match as if he was the determining factor. He isn't.

How do we know though?

Because he didn't play one test last year...?

I'm personally in favour if literally anyone else.. Lilo the obvious, Reece Hodge the left field option, and JOC (James O'Connor) as the last man standing.

Bernard should not be a starter in any way shape or form.

This is not anti-Tah, I rate HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) highly, Dempsey, Beale (sometimes, but mainly from the bench).

B

Bobby Sands

Hodge isn’t a 5/8.

No, he hasn't played alot there. But he has started a test at 10, and he is all the instruments to play there. Has played a fair bit of 10 as a junior and 12 in topflight including Wallabies.

Imagine having a 10 that could kick and defend like Reece.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I disagree, he is missing a few instruments required to play there.. specifically the ability to pass and create play outside him.. the fact he can tackle doesn’t offset his lack of playmaking

Reactions: dru

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
No, he hasn't played alot there. But he has started a test at 10, and he is all the instruments to play there. Has played a fair bit of 10 as a junior and 12 in topflight including Wallabies.

Imagine having a 10 that could kick and defend like Reece.
Apart from a left to right pass. See Japan test 2017

B

Bobby Sands

Sure, we can all talk about the hypothetical merits or downfalls in Hodge’s game at 10 (it was mainly bait I admit, surprised I got any nibbles) but the real point I was making is that I would take a novice over Bernard.

Will be very interesting what happens next, JOC (James O'Connor) will come into the squad soon, what happens to To'omua? What about when Liko is fit?

Cheik has already shown that he is open to booting him, I just hope he follows through with it.