• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

B

Bobby Sands

I see Joe Tomane is without a club currently. Is only 30, could prob do a job for some either as squad depth or a 13. With Godwin off to the Tahs next season, the Force could do worse than look at him as an option.

Agree, got some great qualities.

Reactions: mst

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Lopeti Timani has just been fined 10,000 euros for glassing a security guard last year, can't carry any weapons for five years (odd ban) and no criminal record.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Non-PONIS have been sent their letter of variation this week, which will require them to agree to a reduction in wages for the remainder of the season(70% of their salary). Like earlier in the year with Hockings, Lucas and Rodda... if players refuse to sign they’ll be free to tear up their contract.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I see Joe Tomane is without a club currently. Is only 30, could prob do a job for some either as squad depth or a 13. With Godwin off to the Tahs next season, the Force could do worse than look at him as an option.
Former wallaby - wonder if he would still be a shot for wallaby spot - but yes bring him home and force would be good place as they definitely need at least one quality winger as outside ralston cupboard a bit bare

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Canterbury Mitre 10 Cup Prop Tamaiti Williams has been a stand-out performer and not just because of his monster frame. Listed on various profiles as weighing between 120 and 132 kilograms, Williams admits to putting a little more stress on the bathroom scales.

"I'm closer to 140kgs," Williams said. "Big food bill."

Williams was born in Perth and moved back to New Zealand with his family when he was 16.

From St Kentigern College, Williams spent two years in the New Zealand Secondary Schools team before graduating to the New Zealand under 20's. He convinced his parents that a move south outside of his comfort zone to Canterbury was the right move forward for him. He hasn't regretted it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/mi...big-fashion-goals/IFBIGR4IMU3KSGMTQFLQAXUF7Y/

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So, here’s a rather sobering list, all the players departing overseas this year. It includes those who departed earlier in the year prior to Super Rugby AU. I think some departures may still only be rumoured, so may not be 100%

Reds
Henry Speight
Isaac Lucas
Harry Hockings
Izack Rodda
Ruan Smith
JP Smith

Waratahs
Michael Hooper(sabbatical)
Pat Tafa
Kurtley Beale
Rob Simmons
Jack Walsh
Jed Holloway
Ned Hanigan
Tom Staniforth
Karmichael Hunt
Cam Clarke

Rebels
Harry Potter
Andrew Kellaway
Semisi Tupou
Esei Haangana
Andrew Deegan
Luke Jones
Matt Phillip
Jermain Ainsley
Anuru Rangi
Tom English
Ryan Lourens
Michael Stolberg
Bill Meakes

Brumbies
Blake Enever
Guy Porter
Lachlan Mccaffery
Murray Douglas

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Waratahs have just confirmed their list of departures. You can add Ryan McCauley, Andrew Tuala and Mitch Short to the list.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
In addition to the overseas departures, Will Miller has retired, Tevita Kuridrani and Toni Pulu are off to the Force. I think that is all the departures from the Brumbies in 2021. A very stable team list given the current conditions with Covid 19 and reported cuts to finances for next year.

EDIT : Joe Powell to Melbourne (shame on me for missing him); and I think both Ben Hyne and Shambeckler Vui have been released.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah haven’t Included players if they’re retiring or moving to another Australian team.

Brumbies have a stable list, and Reds have a stable list as well considering the departures of Speight, Rodda, Lucas and Hockings occurred pre Super Rugby AU

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Do the English, French and Japanese competitions not have limits on foreign players? Just saw an article that Sale Sharks have 9 South Africans playing for them this week.