• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Super Rugby teams not particularly valuable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Penriff Towers have many locations around New South Wales, eight clubs from Port Macquarie to Lavington. Would have to be the biggest sporting club in Australia. Now if we're talking about SPORTS TEAMS their presence would be markedly different.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Penrith panthers? Ludicrous.

The Lions being above the Broncos was mind boggling enough, ignoring "brands" like the Panthers and Eels being ranked so high.

Just how they valued the "brand" is the big question. I suspect a couple of chimpanzees and a calculator. I guess it's better than previous years, where I suspect that the high school work experience kid ranked them all as $80085.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Penriff Towers have many locations around New South Wales, eight clubs from Port Macquarie to Lavington. Would have to be the biggest sporting club in Australia. Now if we're talking about SPORTS TEAMS their presence would me markedly different.

Not sure that the Panthers pokies factories clubs equates with their sporting "brand" that was supposedly measured.

Brand valuation is a hokey thing at the best of time, up there with good will. Nothing like seeing companies have over valued estimations of their own brand on their books as huge "monetary" assets.

T

TOCC

I think the title is misleading, its not a reflection of the value of the brand rather the overall value of the company hence why the Panthers rank so high, the actual panthers brand-name is pretty low and that is reflected by them battling to get a sponsor in 2013..

Penrith Group who owns the Panthers are a massive organisation with revenue in excess of $145million, but if you break it down to the actually professional sporting component of the organisation the Panthers themselves only generate revenue of $14million which is ridiculously low for a professional NRL/AFL sporting team.

As someone pointed out, the Broncos/Lions comparison is a fairly indicative one since they are both one city team's and its quite evident that the Broncos brand name is worth significantly more, but still the Lions were placed above the Broncos. Reason is that the Lions own their social club and the Broncos run separately, but if you examine the breakdown of expense the Broncos generate more from their professional sport operations then the lions do.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
If that article hurt your head, this will really bamboozle you:

http://www.waratahs.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/157/ArticleID/10619/Default.aspx

As far as I'm aware, all this management speak hasn't helped them sign a back of jersey or sleeve sponsor.

Ugh, that was utter waffle. I work for a not for profit, and while the overall theme of partnership/sponsorship is in fashion, it has to be articulated better than the tripe offered up there. Otherwise there won't be any money coming in the door.

If that is what the Tahs media unit is sending out to people, then their sponsorship pitch must be woeful.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Otherwise there won't be any money coming in the door.

If that is what the Tahs media unit is sending out to people, then their sponsorship pitch must be woeful.

Don't think there are a lot of $$$ coming in for the Tahs. It's no secret that the Tahs back office isn't the slickest operation in town.

This is the office which brought in a Commercial & Marketing Manager with no local experience this year and have had to hire for consultants to help them find new sponsors.:mad:

The saving grace for the Tahs is that Cheiks is in charge of the team and at least they are heading in the right direction.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
This is the office which brought in a Commercial & Marketing Manager with no local experience this year and have had to hire for consultants to help them find new sponsors.:mad:
Badger, any idea why did Kym the previous manager move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.