• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rooty Hill - famous for its hilarious name and proximity to also topographically significant Mount Druitt

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Holbrook - 300 kms from the coast and yet has a submarine smack bang in the center of the town. Also once named Germanton (German Town)... no points as to guessing why they changed the name

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Goulburn - home to a fruit company that made our dual olympic winning rowing team do this

Incorrect. Goulburn Valley is in Victoria. Goulburn is in NSW and home to the Big Merino, nicknamed 'Rambo'. And also home to hitch hiker picker upperer extraordinaire Ivan Milat.

bigsheep1.jpg

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's more for our foreign audience.
And the fact that I've seen it 100+ times on the way to/from Sydney.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Correction - RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service) started in Cloncurry. And the arguement on Qantas could rage on for years.

Home to the Stockman's Hall of Fame though.

I'll go with the Hall of Fame. I accept that my original reference might be subject to debate but I couldn't wait for someone to post a town ending in W (winton) or Y (Cloncurry).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
And back on track -

Yarra Valley - Home to Domain Chandon in Aust (Don't knock it until you have been to Sunday School.)

(Yourmatesam - what do we do when we run out of Y's?)

Status
Not open for further replies.