• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ningi, QLD. No idea why there's a town there. A bunch of people living on the road to somewhere better. It now has a Beefy's Pie shop though. One of the best damn pies from a (sort of) chain store going around! Now there's a reason to stop at Ningi.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
IRON KNOB -SA

With all the BHP work that goes on there you would like to think that there is some decent tucker there. And thank you all for not lambasting me for my geographic faux pas. I will have to share a bottle of Keyneton Estate with Lindommer

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bonnie Doon - Great place to leave the Castle behind for a weekend away at the Holiday Home. On the banks of Lake Eildon, it is judged by many of the holiday home owners as being one of the most serene places in Australia.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
ah, the serenity.

Noraville - the town where a young Aussie D spent the majority of his formative years on the NSW Central Coast sandwiched between Toukley and Norah Head.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Iron Knob already used and therefore Red Card from TMO
Bonnie Doon issued Yellow Card (can be used later) I just wanted to get it there.

To keep the chain going and correctly feed into Noraville from Aussie D:

Islington Newcastle Suburb. Named after the Place in London. On the UK Monopoly Board, one of the light Blue properties is The Angel Islington, which is named after a Pub in Islington, not a Street or railway Station like most of the rest of the properties. Must be a good Pub.

Next Start letter is "E" from Noraville.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Iron Knob already used and therefore Red Card from TMO
Bonnie Doon issued Yellow Card (can be used later) I just wanted to get it there.

To keep the chain going and correctly feed into Noraville from Aussie D:

Islington Newcastle Suburb. Named after the Place in London. On the UK Monopoly Board, one of the light Blue properties is The Angel Islington, which is named after a Pub in Islington, not a Street or railway Station like most of the rest of the properties. Must be a good Pub.

Next Start letter is "E" from Noraville.
Sorry Mr Jarse
I went back to the story so far and only then did I spot iron knob. How long , may I ask, am I red carded for??? :)
Will I have to write lines or some other menial task like go to North Sydney oval soon???

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Red Card is awarded against the nominated town not the poster who made the nomination.

TMO's red card is used when the Town has already been used previously, and not withdrawn by the poster before seld appointed TMO arrives on the scene.

TMO's Yellow Card is used to indicate that the town is a legitimate contender which can be used at a later date, but in that instance it has been used out of sequence. Typically because it was submitted too late, or the previous town has been disqualified.

If the quiz has moved on after a Red Card has been awarded, then the challenge to Gaggerlanders is to try to find an alternate town and bit of trivia (gastronomically related or not) to replace the town red carded.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Donnybrook WA - they grow spuds there.
Sorry, as a local i'm going to have to correct you there. Donnybrook is famous for apples. We even have them as street lights.
2q1ykj9.jpg

29kxhy0.jpg

We also have the big apple

34zcbdi.jpg

But I do grow spuds in my garden so you are factually correct :)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Argyle - 6239. Locality outside Donnybrook filled to the brim with Pink Lady apple orchards that are used to make a great sulfite free cider at "The Cidery" in Bridgetown.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Emu Swamp - A suburb of Orange with postcode NSW 2800. Previously known as Suma Park. If I was in real estate, I know which of the names I'd prefer this area to be known as.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Halekulani - NSW

A place where old bogans go to die. Has a bowling club, Bogans and not much else besides a lovely view of Power Stations

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Lucknow, near Orange, site of former mining (some mining headsets are still there). Possibly named after a place in India.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Warra - Qld. Small town between Dalby and Chinchilla on Warrego highway. Surrounded by crops, and occasionally flooded by Cooranga Ck. Waz's pub it's good for a cold beer too.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Aarons Pass NSW. When they were deciding on names for this town, a misguided rugby supporter in the Geographic Names Board thought one of the A's in AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) stood for Aaron. Population 173, on the Castlereagh Highway between Ilford and Gulgong.

Status
Not open for further replies.