• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Harwood Island, NSW

Located on the Clarence River, Northern NSW.
It has a sugar mill and a pub.
Matty k should know where this is.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dululu, Qld. Cotton, Beef, and sunflower country about 70 km outside Rocky. There is an Olde Worlde Country Style Pub here that quenched my thirst back in 1986. Population = Deliverance.

I could have brought the game to a preliminary halt with Durham Ox, Vic. (A small joint near Swan Hill in Central Victoria). We have already used Xantippe up and there are no more "X" towns left. (Old Adaminaby is an Ex town but I dont think that would pass muster). Using Durham Ox, or the Ox as it is known, would be cruel, so Dululu it is.

Next Town is a U.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Umina. Near Pearl Beach and Woy Woy, described by Mt Druitt by the sea, unless you've been to Lakehaven / Gorokan where half of Mt Druitt relocated in the late 80s early 90s.

Not much at Umina except a beach, nearest rugby club is the two Woys. Never eaten there so can't comment on the food, though Woy Woy used to have a nice little thai restaurant. It is where the people of Blacktown go for a holiday.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Amelup, WA. Close to Albany (in WA terms of closeness). Just 3800 km from the 4 Pines Brewery in Manly, Amelup is known as the only town that has a sign advertising "Caution Nudists Crossing" in the main street. Crap junk food only from the Servo near the Amelup CBD. No rugby close by.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
PARAP - NT

Aboriginal word that means "The sound of a loud short fart"
99% of people go through Parap, and wouldn't know it, on their way to Fannie Bay in Darwin. There lies all the decent places to eat cheaply or not so cheaply. Wouldn't have a clue as far as Rugby teams closest to Parap. But I would like to know if any smart travellers have the slightest inkling

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Phillip, ACT. Out Woden way. Mostly commercial, but contains quaintly named Swingers Hill, and Canberra rugby nursery Marist College. Many a young fella has come a cropper on the Phillip Ice Rink.

WA is full of P-p towns.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
POINT ARKWRIGHT -QLD

Ever wanted to own a convertible Audi or BMW?
Do you surf a longboard?
Has your partner had fake boobs put on?
Thought about a hair transplant lately?

Arky is the place for you trendsetter!!!! This place is like Cronulla in the morning with the amount of Lorna Jane gym gear encasing primped, preened, lypo'ed thighs and buttocks.... Just older.
There are 100's of eateries around and pretty solid rugby comp, but not real sure of the closest Rugby team.
If you are a young fit guy and looking for a little bit of MILF love.... This is heaven for you.
You cannot buy Lorna Jane gym gear in auburn

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Tarcutta, NSW Small town off the Hume Highway just outside of Wagga. Pie content unknown, nearest rugby club either Wagga Waratahs or Wagga City. Milf content also unknown. Good truckstop though.
So now the list is :-
1.Town not previously named
2. Food content
3. Or pie value.
4. Local Rugby team(s)
5. And now MILF content? ha ha ha ha!

This is getting tough.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
AGNEW - WA

I don't know how I find these joints, but its about 1/3 the way from Kalgoorlie heading for Perth. The nearest major town is Gwalia, so that gives you an indication of the size. A mine there and bugger all else. So no idea about pies footy and others. Comparing this place to auburn is an injustice.... to comparitives

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wamberal - NSW

A rather upmarket northern side of Terrigal along the coast, been awhile since I was there, but recollect a couple of shops there, and pies either found there or in Terrigal itself being just down the road. Terrigal Rugby Club needs no introduction. MILFs from Sydney are to be found holidaying in their 2nd homes there!

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Nusadan, it is home of the Wambie whopper - delicious hamburger subject of a court case with Hungry Jacks. There is also a forum member of the same name who seems to wish rugby was more like league but says he never watches the latter.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Lismore - town on the NSW Far North Coast. Always wanted to go there but haven't made it yet so can't talk about meat pies, rugby clubs or MILF content.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Emu, Vic. Town in name only. Claimed to have a Railway Station, but it is more of a railway stop. Lucky to have a bitumen road (1 1/2 lane job) running through the centre of the CBD. BYO everything. One of only 16 three letter towns in Oz.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Ulladulla - South Coast of NSW, haven't been through there in years and didn't stop last time I went through. Kiama is the closest rugby club that I am aware of, though there most likely would be a club at Nowra if there isn't one in Ulladulla itself. Not sure about pies but being so close to the ocean there should be a couple of nice fish and chip shops around.

Status
Not open for further replies.