• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
There is literally nothing there except a few farms. I'm pretty sure Boyland is the same. So no pies, no pub and I'm not sure on the milf situation. Although you can get a good pie in Canungra a few klms away.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dianella WA 6059, a suburb of Perth, definitely some MILFs to be found there, being one of the wealthiest 3 suburbs in the western city, I do know of a soccer club, but a rugby one, no...Pie shops to be found there would be of the expensive gourmet variety.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looks like you have jumped the gun a little there @Nusadun, but to keep the game going, here is an entry to link the B from Bahrs Scrub and the D from Dianella

Boyland, QLD. A rural area in Gold Coast hinterland next door to well known Biddadadaba. Not a lot to see here, and for the Southerners coming up to the Gold Coast to visit the theme parks like Seaworld, DreamWorld, Wet 'n' Wild, and Movie World, Boyland is not another Gold Coast amusement park designed to take males back to the endless summers of their primary school days. The nearest decent pie shop is a couple of km away in Canungra.

That is the B done. Next Town is an A from Dianella.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ANDO - NSW

The only reason that this place isn't famous is that the ground is too hard to dig or Ivan Milat would have buried the backpackers here. Just off the Monaro highway and is home to nothing... Not a zack. you're still a hundred miles from canberra so it has that going for it. Other than that F&ck all.
Rather die here than auburn

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
OURA . Small village east of Wagga. No store no pub ,but, not far from Wantabadgery where there is a store that sells pies and beer. An afl ground but no rugby pitch and have seen the odd 1 or 3 MILFS. Fellas from out those ways play for Tah's in Wagga or the Junee Rams. Good shearing sheep around these parts too.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
What about Adjungbilly . No shop, no pub, no MILFs but "Shorty" Graham built a cricket field there. Home to "Dingo and Gash" Kingwill and the late Charlie Onus and they all loved rugby and played for Tumut Bulls. YMS swung off a wool press up there for a week a few years back for me and did OK.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
What about Adjungbilly . No shop, no pub, no MILFs but "Shorty" Graham built a cricket field there. Home to "Dingo and Gash" Kingwill and the late Charlie Onus and they all loved rugby and played for Tumut Bulls. YMS swung off a wool press up there for a week a few years back for me and did OK.
As awesome as Adjungbilly is mate, I think it's been used before and will get red carded by @Hugh Jarse

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
SIMPLE RULES.
Next town in the chain starts with the last letter of the previous town.
No previous entries.
A bit of trivia about the town is needed. - Preferably food, wine or rugby related trivia. Pie shop rating encouraged.
Use of resource material is discouraged but not against rules.

If you want to do a quick check if your "town" has already been used, click in the "Search" box just below your user name above.

Type in your "town".

REMEMBER to check the "Search this thread only" box in the options in the search popup.

If your "town" is not found in this search then it will be OK. (or go back to page 40 for a complete list of the towns).

If it has already been used, then it will be disqualified (RED CARD) and we revert to the previous "town's" last letter as the guide to the next "town".

Adjungbilly has been issued with a Red Card.

Here is the previous legitimate entry for Adjungbilly from @YourmateSam - April 5, 2013.
<snip>
Adjungbilly - Located between Gobarralong and Tumut at the foot of the Snowy Mountains. Beautiful country but fresh in winter.

Next town in the chain remains an "A" town.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ABBOTSHAM - TAS

A little place just outside a little place called Ulverstone, which is just outside of Devonport, which is the big smoke around here.
There are no food joints in Abbotsham, but you can nick into Ulvo to get a Crustys Pie or a feed at Furners Pub. As far as Rugby goes, this is an area of the world that lives for the eternal knock on AKA ozzie rules.
As far as milf quality here, I am more than sceptical as everyone is 'lated to each other. ... When you go to the dentist they just use the same set of xrays as there aint no teeth in this town.
The Dentist is actually the Smithy of the town. More work in calipers than Barry Beath.
Good fishing just up the road though too in Lever River. Bloody good trout.
Don't know how they chew them though, must just give them a good suck.

More teeth than auburn, and less cuzz's

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Marcoola, QLD, on the David Low Way, sandwiched between Sunhsine Coast airport and the Pacific, a developers' dream with the eyesore of several large apartment complexes being its only distinguishing feature.
Was a regular visitor to the local pastry shop though for several years there during my delivery round, so its pies and sausage rolls were more than passable but not to write home about. Rugby clubs are Noosa up north with Maroochydore one being a bit closer across the river. Plenty of MILFs to be seen at the arrivals and departures at the airport!

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ANGIP - VIC

Its in the middle of nowhere... Duck shooters abound around here, but there are no milfs to be seen , no rugby clubs to be seen, no pies and no decent food.
It is about 250k due south of Mildura on the Warracknabeal Rd and that is probably the best thing of this place.
At least they only shoot ducks here unlike....

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Pulletop, NSW. Located between Mangoplah and Holbrook. No pies, no MILF's, AFL Country but anyone keen on Rugby could play for one of the Wagga Clubs, probably Wagga City if Moona had any say in it.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Pooncarie, out on the Darling half way between Menindie & Wentworth. Could be said that it's just about nowhere. Got 48 people ,river with fish ,Hotel,store ,school, copper and a cricket field with a synthetic pitch. For you history buffs,the steamer "Rodney" was scuttled there and a few of the "Scab Shearers" on board were shot & killed during the 1890's shearers strike. No rugby & no pie shops but worthy of a side trip for a look if you're ever out that way. People out that way would probably hate Auburn

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Erica, Victoria.

Up in the hills and valleys on the flanks of Mt Baw Baw, Erica neighbours the ghost town of Walhalla. Erica (formerly known as Harris but renamed after a local mountain in 1914) grew after the Moe - Walhalla rail line went in in the early 1900s.

According to the 2011 census there are 324 residents maintaining agriculture and timber connections, as well as being a service town for the Walhalla region (well worth a visit) and the ski fields at Baw Baw and Mt St Gwynear.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
AUBURN VALE - NSW

Just south of Inverell, the locals had a referendum to change the name to something more attractive, like Phlegmtown.
It was defeated due to the population not knowing what the town song would sound like.
Again, like most of the places I post, there is bugger all there in as much as food footy or female. Head to Inverell for this.
The have all the Pubs. The Impy, The Royal, The Australian, The Union. I heard the other two were going to change their names to the Commercial and the Caledonian just to fit in.
As far as pies go in town I have had a MacIntyres pie, which if memory serves, was ok.
Rugby is supported by The Highlanders of Inverell. They get a few of the boys back from boarding schools each year and seem to be a force across the grades.
In saying that the nice folk of Auburn Vale are still looking to change their town name. Ball Lick? Bumsweat? Dog nut?
Anything but auburn

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Euabalong... Went through there once on the way to Mt Hope with a team of shearers to gouge it off about 7000 wethers. Has a hotel,Lachlan river near by, Indian Pacific rail line, no Rugby but has mungo and afl and some shops. In the mid/late 90's it was infamous for a crowd invasion of a game of mungo by about 400 spectators which resulted in the Euabalong mungo team being suspended from the comp for about 3 years. Not to be outdone they formed a new club called 3 Ways United and kept going the next year. Hotel is called the "Royal" the same as at MtHope.Got to get to Griffith to Mick's Bakehouse before you get to a good pie.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ganmain, NSW on the stretch of road between Coolamon and Junee, in AFL territory with its own team, has the famous Ganmain Pies who has its own outlet in nearby Wagga itself. MILFs are a bit elusive there though but Wagga itself will make up for it. Rugby can be found in Wagga as well as West Wyalong and Temora.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
NOGGERUP - WA

In the deep dark south west of WA lies Noggerup. which is Bogan for "Did you get her pregnant?"
A Cricket pitch, a corner shop and not a hell of a lot else.
Head due East to Bunbury for your thrills in the skimpy bars. Just remember that nobody has told them it is 2014.
There is not a decent pie to be seen in this town either. Bunbury is a tragedy as far as places go. But it shits all over auburn

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Padstow - NSW

Suburb in Western Sydney where burqas and niqabs are in abundance. Better than Auburn but only just.

Status
Not open for further replies.