• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Urunga, NSW, on the Pacific Hwy south of Coffs Harbour. As a top surfing spot, and a holiday resort, am sure there are pies abound there plus holidaying MILFS.

Rugby clubs can be found in Sawtell up north or Nambucca Heads down south, but please correct me if these towns are too bogan for rugby!

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ALLENS RIVULET - TAS

You know you a getting hard up to name a place after a rivulet. Bugger me, its not even a creek!
We had a rivulet run past the back of our old clubhouse only after drinks at training.
I haven't been to Als beer spill, not that I would want to anyway as it is in Hobart. More specifically west hobart. So its a fairlt lacklustre joint. Everyone in Hobart smokes (hand rolled, none of your fancy tailor mades here)
Has the highest consumption of White Ox Tobacco per capita outside of jails.
Pies, Milfs etc are based on Hobart as no one has opened any food in this town.
Als little drain is still nicer than duck creek auburn. Less dead bodies too

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
TIBBUC- NSW

Malcolm Naden territory here kids. In the Barrington Tops,and beautiful country to hide from the police.
You go to Gloucester and head north, so that is where you will find Rugby, food and I have never seen a good looking woman in Gloucester, so milf levels are not there.
The only feature of Tibbuc is Camel Hump reserve so I don't know if that is a request from locals or a geographical location.
The only thing that this place has in common with auburn is that it is on the same planet

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Chevallum, QLD, continuing my Sunshine Coast theme here, is famed for its strawberries but also is part of the tropical rainforest in the western part of the Coast. Next to Forest Glen where pies are to be found at the organic shop there, with rugby being found at nearby Nambour. There are MILFs there but will need patience to find them!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Damn you @Nusadan. I had a good run of C towns lined up, however all is not lost.

Merrimac, QLD. Suburb on the Goldie at the back of Broadbeach and near enough to Robina Stadium to be used as a base for the soon to be relocated Gold Coast 7's. Named after the USS Merrimac (I'm sure that @Lee Grant will be able to tell the full history of this ship), but after being scuttled by the Union during the Civil War, the Confederates raised the wooden hulled Merrimac and turned it into an Ironclad ramming ship in an attempt to break the Union blockade, and in the process renamed her the CSS Virginia. Food, beverage, golf, surf, rugby and attractive companion options abound hereabouts on the Goldie.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Colac, VIC. Ultra Marathon legend Cliff Young used to hail from these parts. Not to be confused with Coolac, NSW (650km north in @Yourmatesam's patch), or Colac Colac, Vic (600 km NW in the Corryong). There are some rugby resistance posts established in enemy territory around here but be prepared to travel to Vic second division footy games with the likes of Geelong Mighty Rams, Warrnambool Plovers, or St Pats/Uni in Ballarat.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Colac Colac, VIC. Lee Kernaghan hails from around here. Alpine Victoria and central to much of the High Country Aussie Stockman stories. Not to be confused with Colac, Vic (600 km SW near Lake Colac in the Otways), or Coolac, NSW (200 km N in @Yourmatesam's neck of the woods). Too far behind enemy lines to see any Rugby, so it's up and over Dead Horse Gap to the Jindabyne Bushpigs for any rugby fix. Go to nearby Cudgewa Pub for some high country hospitality.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Coolac, NSW. Home of the late country rugby stalwart Charlie Onus, who recently passed away. Some say this is where the Dog actually sat on the Tuckerbox. Last town to be bypassed by the Hume Highway duplication, although you are still guaranteed a cool ale and good homely feed at the Coolac Hotel. This joint was held up by Ben Hall back in the day. All Ben and his lads wanted was morning tea. They left after they were fed and watered. Lucy Lawless's (Xena Warrior Princess) grandparents ran the pub in the 50's. Not to be confused with Colac, Vic (650 km SW), or Colac Colac, Vic (200 km S). Cootamundra Tricolours or Tumut Bulls are probably your best local rugby options.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Mannering Park, NSW - Located on the eastern shore of Lake Macquarie and on the northern end of the NSW Central Coast, bordering on Newcastle. Haven't been there in 20 years so can't really give a reliable indication of the MILF count, though when I was last there it was pretty low. The nearest rugby club would most likely be the Southlakes Hammerheads on the western shore of Lake Macquarie.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Coolum, Qld. On the Gold Coast! For pies check out the pie thread as there is a reference to it on there. It is on the Gold Coast so there are MILF's aplenty. To compare with Auburn would be to compare black with white, complete opposites.

Next town should start with 'K' from Mannering Park.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yellow card rescinded for Mannering Park.

Colosseum, QLD; Clapham, SA; Chisholm, ACT or would have been just as good as Coolum to join Coolac with Mannering Park.

Coolum, Qld. On the Gold Coast! <snip>It is on the Gold Coast <snip>.
Last time I was up in Banjoland, Coolum was on the Sunny Coast not the Gold Coast.:)

Next town is a K from Mannering Park.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kincumber, NSW. Home to certain controversial bunny boiling former federal politicians. Central Coast NSW. Say no more.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
What about ...Rugby NSW ?.... Tried searching but couldn't find any reference to it. Got a school , cricket field , had a store back in the 90's that sold most things you would consume. Probably could organize a game there if we rang local loooong time rugby tragic Bruce Nixon. Will get a game with Boorowa Goldie's or Crookwell Dog's. Reasonable fishing on the Lachlan at Syd Kensit's place just up the road. Not going to comment on MILFS as my wife hails from very close by.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
HJ, you forgot to mention that it is down the road from both Terrigal and Avoca where MILFs abound and there are a lot of fancy restaurants. Has a nice restaurant called Lizottes (owned by the brother of rocker Mark Lizotte a.k.a Johnny Diesel). Nearest rugby clubs are Terrigal and Avoca, after Kincumber's rugby club 'the colts' folded in 1988. Much, much better than Auburn. The library in Kincumber is infamous for an incident involving the ARU CEO's daughter a number of years ago.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What about .Rugby NSW ?.. Tried searching but couldn't find any reference to it. Got a school , cricket field , had a store back in the 90's that sold most things you would consume. Probably could organize a game there if we rang local loooong time rugby tragic Bruce Nixon. Will get a game with Boorowa Goldie's or Crookwell Dog's. Reasonable fishing on the Lachlan at Syd Kensit's place just up the road. Not going to comment on MILFS as my wife hails from very close by.

That is an awesome find. Unlike some towns on this thread, Google Street View has driven through this place (2008 and not shot in HD). It has a Postcode 2583, a Village hall, A Telstra Phone Box, an Aust Post Mail Box, a sign saying "Welcome to Rugby", a 50 km/hr speed limit in the CBD, and 40 km/hr limit outside the school. This place has a lot going for it.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
YARCK - VIC

If you have ever seen Vince Sorrenti do his comedy routine about how the Shark got its name ( The combo of Shhhhiiiitttt and Faaaaarrrrcccckkkk!!!!). Now you know how this village got named... Yuck and......F....
It is the halfway point between Shepparton and Melbourne. That is all it has going for it. Seriously. The next close town is Molesworth aka Whatsacoupla?

No food no rugby no milf no hope.
auburn could change its name to this joint and it still wouldn't improve auburn

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kings Park, WA. No one lives here, but you can get a fairly decent (and rather expensive) feed at Frasers Restaurant. It is Wedding Central and as such it's a good place to get to for all those bachelors hoping to get lucky. Nice walks, nice views. There are namesakes, with people living in them this time, in Melbourne's NW, Sydney's NW and Adelaide's South.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kiels Mountain, QLD, another of these Sunshine Coast suburbs, unfortunately its infamy is due to the face it was where Daniel Morcombe disappeared from, it has a couple of schools but no shops, the pie shops are to be found in nearby Woombye or Nambour, with the rugby club being in Nambour as well. Not sure about MILFs, but if there are some, then some patience required to find them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Narngulu, WA. Halfway to the Geraldton Airport. Not a lot here, but head to the Freemasons Hotel in town for an Aussie Irish Pub experience. Geraldton Internationals Rugby Club is the struggling outpost for freedom fighters, well behind enemy lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.