• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AUSTRALIA U17 7's WaggaWagga December 5 & 6 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slim

The training squad for the NSW Baba's and SJRU teams has been announced. A lot of GPS boys as expected.
The Babas should have a very strong team. Congrats to the boys selected. There was a very big turnout at the trial day last Sunday. More details to come.......

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
So NSW have selected their training squad and QLD haven't even had their trials yet. QLD lagging behind yet again.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
The training squad for the NSW Baba's and SJRU teams has been announced. A lot of GPS boys as expected.
The Babas should have a very strong team. Congrats to the boys selected. There was a very big turnout at the trial day last Sunday. More details to come...
Thanks Slim. I found the SJRU squad at http://juniors.rugby.com.au. Anyone have BaaBaas?

S

Slim

Catchnpass. That is the entire squad.
Eligible SJRU boys will make up the SJRU team then all left will make up the babas team. 2 squads of 12 so 9 boys will not make it.

nothismum

Frank Nicholson (4)
Quite a few boys from last years under 18's team. Angles cork, chipizubov, funa, armstrong and tatelafua. Also sevens is different sport to the 15 man game, being strong over the ball isnt as important as speed, footwork and fitness.

S

Slim

Qld way too strong for WA but lose on a count back.
WA play a very solid VIC in the other semi.
Sorry about other details but we are in a country town and I am not sure they have the internet yet. Apologies to CE who is a truly gracious host.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Sorry about other details but we are in a country town and I am not sure they have the internet yet. Apologies to CE who is a truly gracious host.
Yeah sorry about that Slim. Out here in the sticks, we're lucky to have running water let alone sewage and electricity. I hear colour TV is really cool too. Ma and Pa saw it once when they was in the big smoke and they still talkin bout it.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Is anybody aware of a list of what teams are involved in the U17 boys and girls Sevens at Wagga?

I also believe there is a Womens' Open Comp on at the same time in Wagga - anybody have a list of the teams involved in that comp?

There are supposed to be 25 teams in total at Wagga for the weekend.

Thanks

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
PS - anybody at Wagga on the weekend?

We are trying to get a blog going for the weekend matches and one of our forum members is will try to put one together.

But please feel free to put as many details as you can in this thread so maybe we can steal some of your stuff and add a bit more detail to his piece.

Include anything chatty about how the kids enjoyed the weekend and yarda yarda.

Let me know if you can send me some photos (which are in focus) especially of the team photos of the winning teams and/or the best boy/girl/woman of the tournament.

Thanks

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We have access to quite a few photos now; so unless you have a premium image don't bother sending any in.

But please put some in some info on the tournament if you have any eg - scores that you know - who won the three competitions etc - some background guff - and don't forget yarda yarda.

Thanks

S

Slim

IMG_2709.JPG
IMG_2711.JPG

The results of the U17 boys are as follows:
Qld bt Sydney Babas in Cup final 31-26. It was a nail biter. Qld were up 26-0 and Sydney got it back to 26-26. A late raid by Nsw fought off by a strong Qld. Well done Qld.
In the plate final SJRU were out classed by a well disciplined WA, 14-26.

I have also included the Teams Lists for the 3 Comps.
Stayed tuned for a more detailed report.

IMG_2711.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Slim,

I read somewhere else that the Tassie girls had a team at Wagga - do you know if they competed?

The reason I ask is that I have a good photo of a few of the Tassie girls that I would like to use.

If there are teams of U17s, boys or girls, that are not in the programme pages, please mention the name of the team (no need to post a photo).

Also if the programme covered the Womens Opens teams, please mention the names of the teams - no need to take a photo.

Also weren't there some Country teams? Didn't NSW have a team from the bush?

PS - did Qld have only one boys team.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Tassie girls were there, also SIRU were in the women's open. Final in womens open was between two NSW developemnt teams refereed by Charlie Hartson, U17 mens final refereed by Chyna Howlett, U17 girls was a round robin with no finals.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I can't get some of Slims photos up.

Can some kind soul write down the names of the teams as follows:

Womens' Open OK

Girls Youth U17s

Boys Youth U17s

Thanks

LG

Status
Not open for further replies.