• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
For this game wouldn't mind a back line of:
10 Foley
11 Folau
12 To'omua
13 Kerevi
14 DHP
15 Beale

With Koroibete, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Gordon on the bench. Don't have much hope as I think realistically we will line up the same as we did against Wales and likely suffer the same result.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
If we were to go away from the playmakers at 10 and 12 model (which we won't), I wouldn't mind seeing something like

9. Genia
10. To'omua
11. Naivalu or Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Hodge
14. Folau
15. Beale

21. Gordon
22. Foley
23. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or a Fijian

Kerevi and Hodge could easily swap between 12 and 13 also. We really don't have a 13 in this country who is both good at breaking tackles themselves and putting others into space. Hodge may get there, but hasn't yet (his boot is such an asset though he's worth trying to bring along). Petaia looks like he might get there also.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If we were to go away from the playmakers at 10 and 12 model (which we won't), I wouldn't mind seeing something like

9. Genia
10. To'omua
11. Naivalu or Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Hodge
14. Folau
15. Beale

21. Gordon
22. Foley

Kerevi and Hodge could easily swap between 12 and 13 also. We really don't have a 13 in this country who is both good at breaking tackles themselves and putting others into space. Hodge may get there, but hasn't yet (his boot is such an asset though he's worth trying to bring along). Petaia looks like he might get there also.

Cheika has played a center pairing of "big boppa's" before. On the whole I prefer a second playmaker, but then you give me that with Beale at 15. Could be a good compromise between the two strategies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Given his form Beale shouldnt be on the field. Could live with bench. I wouldn't hate us having a crack at playing two proper centres.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

9. Genia
10. To'omua
11. Naivalu or Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Hodge
14. Folau
15. Beale

21. Gordon
22. Foley

Is that Hodge who was last seen hobbling in a moon boot (or with similar long term injury)? And Beale at 15. The only form Beale has is in the uniFORM he wears.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’ll give it a roll. Mind, this one will be decided at the coal face.

9 Genia
10 To'omua
11 DHP
12 Kerevi
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Naivalu
15 Folau

Bench
Phipps
Foley
Beale/Banks

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He could be there in place of Sefa. They both offer the same thing.

He is a bit taller, maybe a bit better under the high ball than Koroibete? And there will be a lot of high balls, I reckon the Poms will give us a barrage of box kicks.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why not?
Defensively that starting back line will be our best for a very long time.
Foley and Beale can work their magic when it loosens up.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’m not saying I wouldn’t prefer it. I’m saying I can’t see Cheika going that way. What do I know though.

I will say IMO Cheika is between a rock and a hard place. Combination is about as important as player ability. The most settled combo he has is Foley & Beale. Would I prefer him to pick To'omua & Kerevi. Absolutely. Do I think they would be seamless against England. Absolutely not. For the last test of the year do you rr

Is it a problem if his own making - well, yeah - to an extent. But I really can’t blame him for the dearth in 10s in Australian rugby and I also think he could justify backing Beale up until the last 5 months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.