• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v India - Perth 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So ill be at the game day 2 what do we think the team will be? You get the feeling listening to the media and curator that it is going to be a green top about 20% faster than last years ashes test (so the curator says) so that would point to a 4 prong fast bowler attack...any thoughts?

I think you can get away with that if you can get a few over out of Clarke/Warner/Hussey.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the decision on the attack will come down to how fit Harris is. If they are confident he will last the game, then it will be four quicks. Otherwise they may hedge and include Lyon. All reports are that Harris is good to go so my bet is on four quicks. Batting line up will be unchanged for Aus.

The more interesting delimma is what changes the indians make. I personally don't think they will make many, maybe drop Ashwin for Ojha, Yadav may also be underpressure.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont think you can drop ashwin can you...he has been one of there best batters this whole series(even if he is a bowler). I think Kohli may go and gambia was on the way out had it not be for his last knock at the scg.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Just so you all know, I moved this to a new thread, now we have a Cricket sub-forum, we can afford a thread per game.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I dont think you can drop ashwin can you...he has been one of there best batters this whole series(even if he is a bowler).
Thats the Mitchell Johnson logic. India only took 4 wickets at the SCG over two days, on the same pitch Aus took 20 in two days. They need more penetration and Ashwin has only taken 4 wickets in 3 innings (3 of which were tail enders), although Sharma is due for a better return for his efforts.

Kohli may go as well, although he is the only Indian who runs hard after the ball in the field. I love the Perth test, plenty of time to get home and watch the last session each night.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can't help with the streaming.

Apparently the WACA pitch staff had a pre test pitch viewing last night which seems silly and will analysed and talked about on end. It will be a nice distraction for the Indian team from their own form.

Sounds like Aus will go with Lyon over Starc, probably a good choice overall but he will need to be handled better than in Sydney where Clarke's prefence was to bowl him downwind in the second innings, eliminating the possibility of drift.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
A bit rich for the Indians to be complaining about the techniques and practises of the WACA groundstaff considering some of the techniques and practises that are (or at least were) used over there eg burning the wicket to remove grass cover.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
They had the Curator on the radio this morning and he said it has been blow a bit out of proportion. He said they had finished up all their prep for the test and they (as many do) decided to have a quite one before they headed home. This was of the field. The curator then said he went for a walk out to the pitch to give it one last look and all the boys followed.

There was no party or piss up just a few blokes admiring their hard work.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can see why the grounds keepers walked on the pitch - its the same colour as the rest of the field!

India rolled for 160, Aus in just after tea on day 1. This pitch has plenty more life in it Aus will need to bat very well.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow, brilliant from Warner. Great support from Cowan. India in the licorice all sorts of trouble. Im loving it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Waiting to see what the Indian media have a whine about tomorrow? Warner took an axe to them.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Damn...just heard about the carnage Dave Warner wreaked. Disappointed to have missed it. Here's hoping he adds to the Indians' misery on Day 2. Ed Cowan was no slouch either.

The Indians must be spent by now and there's still nine scheduled days of Test cricket left.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
They had the Curator on the radio this morning and he said it has been blow a bit out of proportion. He said they had finished up all their prep for the test and they (as many do) decided to have a quite one before they headed home. This was of the field. The curator then said he went for a walk out to the pitch to give it one last look and all the boys followed.

There was no party or piss up just a few blokes admiring their hard work.

This may be a little controversial but this whole saga whipped up by the Indian media stinks of desperation in ways to excuse their teams sub par performances. I may be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they lose this issue is revisited as the reasons for the loss. I know this sounds far fetched but it really wouldn't surprise me if they chose to go down this path.

On the game, wow, how good has it been. I am really enjoying watching the India writhe and squirm in the field while the likes of Warner takes them for plenty. After the crap surrounding their last tour which effectively ended Andrew Symonds career as a cricketer, I am taking great pleasure in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.