• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Ireland, Sat 9th June @ 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Have we been down this road before? Samu is a little taller than McMahon so could be a decent target in time. Tui as a long term prospect has merit and obviously Cheika has put a lot of time and faith into Hanigan. I would love to see us mix it up in-between now and the RWC only rolling out the Pooper against certain opposition.

With all fit I would choose

6. Tui
7. Pocock
8. Timu

Yes agreed, not perfect with another player out of posiution but possibly as close as we get with the squad and the double-7. Didn't Tui play reserve grade for Souths last week? What could go wrong with that?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Pocock is expected to start at Suncorp Stadium but with captain Michael Hooper wearing his favoured No 7 it is unclear whether the 30-year-old will spend more time at the back of the scrum or at blindside.
It is an awkward fit but Australian rugby simply can’t afford to leave world class talents riding the pine.
Regardless of the number on his back, Cheika will encourage Pocock to focus on his phenomenal breakdown strengths with Reds rookie Caleb Timu favoured to head off Pete Samu and Lukhan Tui for the other starting spot in the backrow.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So many Waratah fans going in to bat for Rob Simmons. It’s some sort of bizarro world.

Who would have thought ? All it took was a change of states?

Perhaps Kerevi should move too?
I thought he was alright last season as well, it is just the normal complaints about what unit doesn't add instead of appreciating what he does add.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought he was alright last season as well, it is just the normal complaints about what unit doesn't add instead of appreciating what he does add.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Totally agree....Simmons been a great acquisition for Tahs and he has done wonders for the lineout. Also think he has improved this season overall and deserves to be on the bench for the Wallabies. Sure aspects of his game not as strong as perhaps others like Philips but excels in lineout for sure. Been win win for both QLD and NSW to share the talent around given QLD have an abundance of quality second rowers which NSW did not. Having simmons experience to help the next generation of young nsw second rowers also good.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the point was that he's not eligible for Wallabies yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have we been down this road before? Samu is a little taller than McMahon so could be a decent target in time. Tui as a long term prospect has merit and obviously Cheika has put a lot of time and faith into Hanigan. I would love to see us mix it up in-between now and the RWC only rolling out the Pooper against certain opposition.

With all fit I would choose

6. Tui
7. Pocock
8. Timu

Mcmahon: 186cm / 101kg
Samu: 185cm/ 102kg
Pocock: 183cm / 103kg
Hooper 182cm / 101kg

Samu not a genuine lineout option and is shorter than Mcmahon. Being 6ft 1 with boots on just isn't enough. Epic super sub option however, just like Mcmahon

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought I saw him listed at 190cm?
Anyway, McMahon will be back for the RWC and then we will have a stable full of sub 190cm backrowers.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Dead set!

13 Samu
12 Tui
11 Timu
10 Scott-Young
9 Dempsey
8 Pocock
7 Hooper
6 Foley
5 Miller
4 Wells
3 Wright
2 Hanigan
1 Folau

Interchange: Valetini, Naisarani, McMahon, Holloway, Fardy, Gill, Higginbum.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Australia have never lost the first Test of the season when State of Origin is played at the MCG

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Australia has lost none of the past 7 tests with Adam Coleman playing.
Ireland have lost none of the last 12 tests.

A couple of players have never lost a professional game of rugby with Leinster or Ireland.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

A couple of players have never lost a professional game of rugby with Leinster or Ireland.

Pfft, you can pick and choose stats to make anything look favorable. ;)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

That one doesn't count because there's a first time for everything.

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Stat No 157.33 : Ireland have never scored more or less points than Australia at game when I have been in attendance!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.