• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs Argentina, September 13, Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just beat the No 2 ranked side after beating or being the equal of all NH sides in the past 12 months. While I'd like to see Higgers get a start, there is no need for wholesale changes, indeed consistency in selections has to be the watchword until some of the gun players return from injury.

Only change I'd make would be Simmons out and Horwill in. I'd probably go one step further and have Skelton on the bench for Rob as well. Hopefully, TPN is fit enough to sit on the bench.

Can see a big problem in the scrum if Slipper is rested/injured. Against the Argies, I'd probably consider starting Benn Robbo if Slipper is out.

Will no doubt be a tough forwards battle with the Argies, so imperative that the bench forwards get good game time.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Re Genia, it's emphasised that he isn't likely to get a start anytime soon..the beginning of a long process I suspect..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Genia has come into the squad and Burgess has returned to the NRC.

Hopefully Genia's form picks up quickly because it would be good to be putting pressure on our other two halfbacks (particularly White).

You couldn't imagine Link deciding that Burgess needed a spot on the bench so our halfbacks should be aided by having a third choice player who is good enough to demand selection when in form.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If Slipper rested then surely Cowan - he went very well last week and over 30. Robbo will surely be underdone in fitness so a bench spot only.

Hanson to start with TPN on the pine.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
If Slipper rested then surely Cowan - he went very well last week and over 30. Robbo will surely be underdone in fitness so a bench spot only.

Hanson to start with TPN on the pine.

Robbo is always underdone in fitness. But he has been playing for the Rams in the NRC, so it won't be for lack of rugby.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Robbo is always underdone in fitness. But he has been playing for the Rams in the NRC, so it won't be for lack of rugby.

and no time off after Super rugby having then played with Eastwood right through to the premiership..fitness will be fine by his standards

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There's a week's break after this match. Slipper can "rest" then. And they've just had a week off.

If he's not injured he should be out there. We don't have the depth to be resting anyone.
A loss would be disastrous.

Reactions: BDA

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I agree Slipper should not be "rested". Robbo has been brought in so maybe his neck injury is more serious or maybe just precautionary

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If Slipper is out its a huge blow to the Wallabies. He may or may not be the best loosehead in the country but he is the best all round prop we have.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Genia has come into the squad and Burgess has returned to the NRC.

Hopefully Genia's form picks up quickly because it would be good to be putting pressure on our other two halfbacks (particularly White).

You couldn't imagine Link deciding that Burgess needed a spot on the bench so our halfbacks should be aided by having a third choice player who is good enough to demand selection when in form.

The others, being White and Phipps certainly have not locked down the half spot, even between them. The door remains open.

Genia just has to get his shit together. His good shit smells better than the other two's (good shit) Vulgar comparisons really

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The others, being White and Phipps certainly have not locked down the half spot, even between them. The door remains open.

Genia just has to get his shit together. His good shit smells better than the other two's (good shit) Vulgar comparisons really

I'd agree that the door remains open. Genia probably needs a few good games behind him before we're likely to see White dropped from the 23 for Genia though.

I think Phipps has certainly earned the starting jersey for probably the remaining three games in the Rugby Championship though providing he goes alright against Argentina this Saturday night.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Personally I can't wait to see the international development of the Phipps Foley Beale threeway. I think they have what it takes to build up a stronghold over future years. Beale and Kuridrani now need to set up a centre pairing, that, while different, can counter Smith and Nonu's devastating ball play. Im a massive fan of Foley, I see a little bit of Carter in him, and thats always a good sign, especially as he has 5 or six years left at the top of his game. If Cruden or Barrett don't retain form into the World Cup, its going to be an Australia England playoff. Against Argentina will be interesting, how they play comparitively to the All-Blacks on Saturday. #perhapsaussierugbymaybeontherisenowthatewenhasactuallymadeagooddecision

Fare thee well.

Wolf Out.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Personally I can't wait to see the international development of the Phipps Foley Beale threeway. I think they have what it takes to build up a stronghold over future years. Beale and Kuridrani now need to set up a centre pairing, that, while different, can counter Smith and Nonu's devastating ball play. Im a massive fan of Foley, I see a little bit of Carter in him, and thats always a good sign, especially as he has 5 or six years left at the top of his game. If Cruden or Barrett don't retain form into the World Cup, its going to be an Australia England playoff. Against Argentina will be interesting, how they play comparitively to the All-Blacks on Saturday. #perhapsaussierugbymaybeontherisenowthatewenhasactuallymadeagooddecision

Fare thee well.

Wolf Out.

^^^^ prepare for thee onslaught re Beale..

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
hopefully simmons gets punted to the backwater - the message is clearly not getting through.

hopefully slipper is good, and tpn coming off the bench will be good to see. kev to start and get a good bollocking pre-game to fire him up - he's due for a big game and needs one to lock down a spot at a time when this area is up for grabs.

backline to remain the same.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I see the merit in starting Horwill for Simmons. If that happens then who calls? James can do it, but it would be tempting to start Higgers who I believe does it for the Rebels.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
It's time to mark player's cards similar to the ARU ad's - R U in?

If a bloke is not up to it - drop him and try someone else. For too long, we've carried blokes rather than risk throwing a guy in the deep end and seeing how they go. The Wallabies were once universally recognised as a team that could out think anyone - where has that creativity gone?

The Wallabies have a proud history of throwing young blokes opportunities - Kearns (from Randwick 2nd grade), Giteau (he was a baby), etc.

I'd love to see guys like Skelton, Cadyn Neville, Luke Jones, etc given a go - what have we got to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.