• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

T

TOCC

Dickheads at ARU probably don't think so but it actually presents a good opportunity. It forces their hand to take the game away from the comfort zone. Split the Tahs games between western Sydney and the Central Coast.

That’s the Waratahs who decide that, not the ARU.. but I agree

It would be silly of the Tahs to not take a few games to Parramatta at bare minimum... and then maybe one each at Manly, North Sydney and Central Coast.

Memberships will be a difficult one, but simply put there is no way to negotiate around that, and I expect they will approach the NSW Government for ‘lost revenue’ over that very issue.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There was a fair bit on Kick & Chase last night about the Coaching Summit.

They are meeting again this week for the next round of training etc.

I certainly think it is a promising development and something that needs to happen. We need to upskill our coaches quite dramatically at all levels.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so can I ask if there is any objective evidence in the accusation that the ARU money to the Rebels was siphoned off to Imperium. ie what documents have been seen or is this all unsubstantiated from rightly aggrieved Force fans, management and irate WA senators.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That’s the Waratahs who decide that, not the ARU.. but I agree

It would be silly of the Tahs to not take a few games to Parramatta at bare minimum. and then maybe one each at Manly, North Sydney and Central Coast.

Memberships will be a difficult one, but simply put there is no way to negotiate around that, and I expect they will approach the NSW Government for ‘lost revenue’ over that very issue.
You'd expect lost revenue compensation will have been factored into the cost of development.

T

TOCC

You'd expect lost revenue compensation will have been factored into the cost of development.

A rough figure yes, the exact level of reimbursement will be the difficult factor to agree upon. On one hand those teams(Roosters, Waratahs etc) want a new stadium and they are campaigning for that, but on other hand they also want to make themselves appear hard done by for having to move their home matches for a couple of seasons.

B

BLR

so can I ask if there is any objective evidence in the accusation that the ARU money to the Rebels was siphoned off to Imperium. ie what documents have been seen or is this all unsubstantiated from rightly aggrieved Force fans, management and irate WA senators.

Oh you know. Just the Rebels financial documents... Keep sticking your head in the sand if you want.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh you know. Just the Rebels financial documents. Keep sticking your head in the sand if you want.

no head in the sand, it was a genuine question, so where can I view them ? I will reiterate again my position, the Force were royally screwed, the Rebels were lucky because the ARU couldn't get rid of them. the Rebels supporters are not, were not your enemies and are genuinely sympathetic to the Force fans, so give the criticism a rest. if money meant to go the Rebels rugby wasn't used for that purpose then I am sure all the Rebels fans are going to be equally as pissed as you guys. I just want to see the facts myself.

B

BLR

no head in the sand, it was a genuine question, so where can I view them ? I will reiterate again my position, the Force were royally screwed, the Rebels were lucky because the ARU couldn't get rid of them. the Rebels supporters are not, were not your enemies and are genuinely sympathetic to the Force fans, so give the criticism a rest. if money meant to go the Rebels rugby wasn't used for that purpose then I am sure all the Rebels fans are going to be equally as pissed as you guys. I just want to see the facts myself.

From the most recent senate enquiry the senator mentioned that from the Rebels financial statements (that would presumably be publicly available) there are consulting fees going to Imperium more that player and coaching payments combined. This was mentioned on public record by a Federal senator over camera. So take that as evidence enough otherwise have a look at the MRRU financial statements. And not to be a dick but sympathy but sympathy doesn't stop the dodgy dodgy shit that has been revealed during this senate enqiry. I don't think we will ever be friends.

M

Moono75

The Oxford dictionary now references The ARU and Rebels (aka the Sponge) in relation to thr term "clusterf#ck".

Just amazing how how no one outside of WA has bothered to follow this when the evidence so clearly points to some very dodgy , more likely illegal goings on. Just amazing!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Someone tell me what Imperium do? Must be alchemists if they earnt more than the players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

B

BLR

Sometime tell me what Imperium do? Must be alchemists if they earnt more than the players.

Consultation of course. The broadest term possible to keep it vague.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
From the most recent senate enquiry the senator mentioned that from the Rebels financial statements (that would presumably be publicly available) there are consulting fees going to Imperium more that player and coaching payments combined. This was mentioned on public record by a Federal senator over camera. So take that as evidence enough otherwise have a look at the MRRU financial statements. And not to be a dick but sympathy but sympathy doesn't stop the dodgy dodgy shit that has been revealed during this senate enqiry. I don't think we will ever be friends.
well i've trawled through Hansard and the ASIC files and other avenues this afternoon. the last available on the record Financial statements for the Rebels (MRRU Ltd.) is December 2014, before Imperium took over. there are no financial records available for Imperium Sports Management Pty. Ltd. that i can find. Senator Reynolds may have them, but according to the Senate enquiry website, they are not documents sent to them, or on file. Also i cannot find anywhere in Hansard your statement that more fees went to Imperium than the players, can you direct me. Senator Reynolds implies that the ARU money could have gone/went to any of the Imperium group of companies when questioning Clyne, but offers no evidence. Without actually seeing the documents, which may turn up in the finished report, its once again speculation. i am not defending Pulver, or Clyne, or Todd day, or Clarke or the ARU Board or Cox, or Imperium, or the legal twits from the ARU who put all this together. i jsut really want the actually truth to emerge, not ill informed accusations or misinformation. One thing i did learn today is that the put option, once triggered by the seller (Imperium) has to be taken by the other party (VRU).
edit: oh, and by far the smartest man in the room was Tim North.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
well i've trawled through Hansard and the ASIC files and other avenues this afternoon. the last available on the record Financial statements for the Rebels (MRRU Ltd.) is December 2014, before Imperium took over. there are no financial records available for Imperium Sports Management Pty. Ltd. that i can find. Senator Reynolds may have them, but according to the Senate enquiry website, they are not documents sent to them, or on file. Also i cannot find anywhere in Hansard your statement that more fees went to Imperium than the players, can you direct me. Senator Reynolds implies that the ARU money could have gone/went to any of the Imperium group of companies when questioning Clyne, but offers no evidence. Without actually seeing the documents, which may turn up in the finished report, its once again speculation. i am not defending Pulver, or Clyne, or Todd day, or Clarke or the ARU Board or Cox, or Imperium, or the legal twits from the ARU who put all this together. i jsut really want the actually truth to emerge, not ill informed accusations or misinformation. One thing i did learn today is that the put option, once triggered by the seller (Imperium) has to be taken by the other party (VRU).
edit: oh, and by far the smartest man in the room was Tim North.
Someone would've dropped her the info in a private sitting or confidential submission. Imperium is a private company so doesn't have to make their financials public.
But it doesn't look good given the specifics of her questions.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's also seemingly no secondary source available yet to support the Senator's assertion.

Senators say a lot of things that ultimately aren't correct.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
The amount of money that went to the Rebels isn't disputed, that's available in ARU reports. They pissed it all away is also not disputed. Just which pockets it went into is the unproven point of contention.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Unless the Rebs were paying their players and coaches way below market rate (as well as what the Force and the other teams were paying) we are talking $8-$9m a year here.

Seems pretty unlikely.....

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pulver calls BS on it...........

Outgoing ARU chief Bill Pulver has hit back at allegations raised in Monday night's final senate inquiry hearing, which suggested former Melbourne Rebels owner Andrew Cox siphoned millions of dollars of grant money into non-rugby interests.

Speaking to Fairfax Media on Wednesday after announcing a home three-Test series against Ireland to be played in June next year, Pulver rubbished the suggestions about the former Rebels owner.

"My understanding is that's complete nonsense," Pulver said.

"The funding relationship between the Australian Rugby Union and the Rebels was a confidential document.

"We review all their financials. He also had a business partner, he owned a majority of the entity and there was a minority shareholder.

"I am not aware of him siphoning money off into other businesses. Where that's coming from I have no idea."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...st-senate-inquiry-claims-20171018-gz3d4v.html

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I think the figure she said was 6m?
The other issue here according to her was that the ARU had stupidly not stipulated where the money they gave Imperium was to be spent.
Thus he was well within his rights to use the money where ever he wanted.
Even to prop up other potentially insolvent businesses.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)

What often happens in these cases is that there are real issues and fake over the top issues. The fake over the top issues are pushed and end up meaning that those trying to raise the real issues are overshadowed. Then the fake over the top issues are ignored or proven to be wrong and then the people raising the real issue have lost credibility and the real issues aren't properly addressed.