• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Will we finally stop being gouged on jersey prices which appear to be closer to $200 rather than $100?
Even $100 is fucken stupid really. Though, i guess the target market for a wallabies jersey these days is a 45 year old executive with a 'dad bod'.

You can get EPL jerseys and the like for about $70.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Even $100 is fucken stupid really. Though, i guess the target market for a wallabies jersey these days is a 45 year old executive with a 'dad bod'.

The worst I got was a Brumbies Centenary were they charged 160 buck but did a print t-shirt not even stitched fucking printed logos

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Dunno mate, you can pick up the outdated wallaby jerseys cheaper, but the manufacturer sets the price usually I thought. You won't get an AB jersey for less then $160 , so $100 sounds cheap!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Dunno mate, you can pick up the outdated wallaby jerseys cheaper, but the manufacturer sets the price usually I thought. You won't get an AB jersey for less then $160 , so $100 sounds cheap!
Not a useful comparison, they are basically the same thing?

How much are NRL jerseys?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Stunted. Only home game.

It IS the RWC.

That would be unusual. Has it been confirmed?

Normally we'd have two. Either South Africa or Argentina and then one of the two Bledisloe Cup tests.

In 2015 Argentina only hosted one test during the 3 match Rugby Championship but then hosted South Africa the week after when we played our second Bledisloe test.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
In 2015, the second Bledisloe wasn't a SANZAR thing, it was just an agreement between us and the kiwis. It's not outside the realms of possibility that our three Rugby Championship games are NZ home, SA and Arg away, and then the second Bledisloe held in NZ.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
My comment based on this from Beth:

The match will be the only home Bledisloe Test for the Wallabies in 2019, ahead of the Japan Rugby World Cup that same year.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd normally expected 2x NZ games as part of the RC, and a third dedicated to Bled. 2 home games each second year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My comment based on this from Beth:

The match will be the only home Bledisloe Test for the Wallabies in 2019, ahead of the Japan Rugby World Cup that same year.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd normally expected 2x NZ games as part of the RC, and a third dedicated to Bled. 2 home games each second year.

In RWC years the Rugby Championship is a single round robin and then we play a second Bledisloe test the week after. There is no third Bledisloe.

I would expect we will host either South Africa or Argentina during the Rugby Championship as well.

South Africa and Argentina will presumably play a second match against each other the week after the Rugby Championship in whichever country didn't host the Rugby Championship game.

I'd be pretty surprised if each country didn't host two match each in this four week period.