• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I'm already with them for my mobile devices.

So send them an email saying how happy you are as a customer that they are sponsoring the Soup.

These sorts of corporations love this sort of feedback.

And they hate negative feedback, of course. When we bought our last car I had a look at Audi, then decided not to buy one. Part of the reason was that at that time they were doing a lot of advertising and promotion work with the other code. I told them that as a rugby supporter I was not interested in being seen in a prestige car that is aimed at rugby league supporters. I was contacted immediately by their HO marketing department who tried to sweet talk me into changing my mind.

Very few potential or actual customers take the time to give any sort of feedback, positive or negative. So when it happens it can make a difference. Butterflies in Brazil, sort of thing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So send them an email saying how happy you are as a customer that they are sponsoring the Soup.

These sorts of corporations love this sort of feedback.

And they hate negative feedback, of course. When we bought our last car I had a look at Audi, then decided not to buy one. Part of the reason was that at that time they were doing a lot of advertising and promotion work with the other code. I told them that as a rugby supporter I was not interested in being seen in a prestige car that is aimed at rugby league supporters. I was contacted immediately by their HO marketing department who tried to sweet talk me into changing my mind.

Very few potential or actual customers take the time to give any sort of feedback, positive or negative. So when it happens it can make a difference. Butterflies in Brazil, sort of thing.

On that basis did you buy a Volvo or a bmw?

Jamie Hutchins

Frank Row (1)
It is the Friday (17 Feb) before the first week of Super Rugby and there is not a single article even mentioning rugby in The Australian. Rugby seems to have disappeared into a media black-hole.

What is going on with the ARU's media strategy?

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I only bother with Magazines these days, my favourite mags have great contents. Newspapers on the other hand no, you can get all your news online.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
ABC 702 report that the ARU Chairman emerged from a board meeting late yesterday saying that not all the super clubs would be playing in 2018.

T

TOCC

Disgraceful ..What a way to launch the season... "oh by the way, your team mightn't exist in 2018, but we won't tell you which team"

Super Rugby in its current form is killing Rugby Union in this country

T

TOCC

i think the ARU is an accessory before the fact.
This is a development the ARU would be crying crocodile tears over.

No doubt they are, board meetings like the upcoming SANZAAR one don't occur without the parties having a reasonable understanding or expectation of which way each member will vote. That's how this has been 'leaked' to the media and why the ARU have held their own meetings on the issue.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What are you on about? not once does this article suggest one will go. FAKE NEWS!

If you are for or against reduction of teams, at least you can report/state actual facts. For the record i am for keeping 5 teams but am yet to see anything that indicates if this will remain the case or not.

Thanks Donald - cant work out if your serious or not. On the off chance that you are
A 15-team competition has been the most commonly mooted reform, with a reduction in travel costs coming from that new format, but would require South Africa to cut two teams and Australia one.
Now if the governing body posts on its own website something rumoured to be a "commonly mooted reform" its almost a gold plated certainty that one team's gone - why else would the ARU incur the ire likely to be generated by the suggestion that that is the most commonly mooted reform?
A traditional softening up.
PS - I was told months ago this was a done deal

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Flick the Kings and the Sunwolves, then there'll be two groups of eight with lots of local derbies and a bit of overseas travel. The Jaguares deserve to be retained, we either include Argentina in top-level SH rugby or we don't. In fact I'd advocate aiming for two teams in Argentina in the long term.