• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian rugby is on FTA now, every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Okay, it's only the Shute Shield. But for people outside NSW, it might be worth reminding you all that there is now a replay of Saturday's match of the day, on ABC1 at 3.30am the following Tuesday.

This is not much, but it is a lot better than nothing. Set your recorders, and enjoy some pretty good rugby.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Every capital city club competition should put a game each week online. Just engage a local tech/uni from each capital, and have them record and publish the 'game of the round' each week on a shared site as part a media or AV course practical experience/assessment, in return for an ARU sponsorship. That'd make for some interesting viewing.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
You can access the Shute Sheild game on ABC's iview at your leisure for at least a week anytime after its finished the original airing.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
And it seems that ClubRugby TV has organised a deal with Fairfax Media so that access to the game video is now free.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
The ABC does a good job with their Shute Shield coverage. Unlike some of the NRL/AFL coverage of their commercial rivals the coverage is understated, almost charming in an amateur like feel, but they get the flow and spirit of the game right. The right mix of close-up and long viewing angles. The commentary, in my opinion, is also good: knowledgeable, humorous, informative and set at the right tone. They have followed the 'less is more' idea quite well. Also the games are generally good to watch; Rugby at the lower levels is often more enjoyable to watch than at the higher levels. The skill and fitness levels aren't there, but the players play in a more free and adventurous spirit. And they seem to enjoy themselves.

Also the ABC use various junior/cadet reporters in its coverage. Some of whom are quite good.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wicked. I missed today's but have set next Tuesday to record and series linked it. How many weeks doesn't go for? This is great for me in WA. I never get to see any other rugby. I can't even get to our local games now because of work and distance to travel. Thanks heaps for putting this up

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Wicked. I missed today's but have set next Tuesday to record and series linked it. How many weeks doesn't go for? This is great for me in WA. I never get to see any other rugby. I can't even get to our local games now because of work and distance to travel. Thanks heaps for putting this up [/unquote]

Google nswrugby.com.au (if you can bear it), and look for "Shute Shield". There is a good bit of information, including the draw, results to date, the tables, etc.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Also, ONE shows a classic match every Saturday morning at 1030.

So, at the moment, we have two games on FTA every week. All rugby tragics should pass this information on wherever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.