• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
However, the deemed him guilty of seven breaches, which included bringing the game into disrepute, not taking reasonable action to protect the game from discredit and criticism, and making public comment detrimental to the interests of the sport.

Wow. If those are sacking offences for a player, you'd have to wonder what the administrators have written in their code of conduct given that none of them are out of a job.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah but they arent though.

It’s also been suggested that the earth is flat, and that you can add cream to a carbonara.....

But see, neither of you are offering up anything that disputes the hypothesis except that you don't agree with it. And that's the problem with this whole Folau situation, it's really just a bunch a people throwing up different opinions on the matter, none of which are necessarily right to the masses. It's not like murder or rape or child abuse or treason or embezzlement or fraud where there is a clear distinction between what (pretty much) everyone agrees on what is acceptable and what's not.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No, it’s not that we don’t agree, the claim is just so factually absurd and has no basis in reality...........

The flat earth comparison is apt. Totally apt.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
No, it’s not that we don’t agree, the claim is just so factually absurd and has no basis in reality.....

The flat earth comparison is apt. Totally apt.
Well it’s not actually. I’m a farmer, I go about my daily life honestly, I pose no threat to anyone, and I couldn’t give a fuck about anyone’s sexual or religious preferences. On Saturday I was in Pitt st mall with my wife and kids and was approached by a member of Dominion who were protesting in the mall. When I told him I wasn’t interested because I am a farmer we were threatened and denigrated, my wife and kids were scared and we had to leave the mall. I represent no right or left wing minority groups, no criminal groups, no activists whatsoever in fact, just the norm.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Well it’s not actually. I’m a farmer, I go about my daily life honestly, I pose no threat to anyone, and I couldn’t give a fuck about anyone’s sexual or religious preferences. On Saturday I was in Pitt st mall with my wife and kids and was approached by a member of Dominion who were protesting in the mall. When I told him I wasn’t interested because I am a farmer we were threatened and denigrated, my wife and kids were scared and we had to leave the mall. I represent no right or left wing minority groups, no criminal groups, no activists whatsoever in fact, just the norm.

Pretty much the same here mate. I'm not a farmer, but grew up in the bush and very much identify with country people.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It's amazing how it's always people who have faced little or no discrimination in their lives suggesting that people should just be more resilient.
You made these assertions before with no basis of factual knowledge about what I have or have not faced. You have no idea at all about my life experience, my racial background or anything about me. Its is easy to try and derail a debate and avoid real facts by attacking individuals who will not conform to the accepted normal.

But just like most of your posts, never let facts get in the way. You sir are a fool and worthy of contempt, though it is nice of you to pick out my posts time and again for non-factual treatment Mr mod. Sorry I should have given you a trigger warning first that your non-factual assertions would be challenged. Do you now need counselling and a safe space to have a little rest. :rolleyes:

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
I believe top level players are paid by their super rugby clubs with top up payments by the Rugby Australia.

Rugby Australia are not in a great financial position (@$26M in net assets) however the NSW Waratahs are down to $1M in net assets.

Wouldn't want to be a Director of NSW Rugby and if I was I would be taking my own legal advice as to my personal liability.

As a Director of either Rugby Australia or NSW Rugby I also wouldn't be expecting a bail out by either a Liberal State Government or Liberal Federal Government. The swamp would have to be drained before it would be contemplated.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I believe top level players are paid by their super rugby clubs with top up payments by the Rugby Australia.

Rugby Australia are not in a great financial position (@$26M in net assets) however the NSW Waratahs are down to $1M in net assets.

Wouldn't want to be a Director of NSW Rugby and if I was I would be taking my own legal advice as to my personal liability.

As a Director of either Rugby Australia or NSW Rugby I also wouldn't be expecting a bail out by either a Liberal State Government or Liberal Federal Government. The swamp would have to be drained before it would be contemplated.
Was the NSWRU ever in the black? Loooking at the 2010 annual report, they had negative equity back then. If they had annual reports from further back up I don't imagine much will have changed.

They distribute any spare cash to community rugby and a foundation

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Was the NSWRU ever in the black? Loooking at the 2010 annual report, they had negative equity back then. If they had annual reports from further back up I don't imagine much will have changed.

They distribute any spare cash to community rugby and a foundation

In 2010 they were $200K deficient in assets, there is now a contigent liability with the potential to create a deficit measured in the millions.

Its one thing to run an organisation at break even and distribute your surplus to community rugby, its an another thing to trade insolvent.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I’m genuinely sorry to hear that, but it doesn’t actually support the initial claim........

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
In 2010 they were $200K deficient in assets, there is now a contigent liability with the potential to create a deficit measured in the millions.

Its one thing to run an organisation at break even and distribute your surplus to community rugby, its an another thing to trade insolvent.
Sorry, I'm with you now. If they have to pay some or half of Izzy's payout.

I don't really see the problem. They have revenue of $18m a year. If they have to take the razor to it it comes out of player payments ($5.85m/year) and community rugby ($4.5m/year). And it's a terrible result and pretty much everyone exept Izzy's lawyers pay the consequences

S

Show-n-go

This is not the defacto Folau thread. The Mods have decided to keep that closed. If you want this one closed keep posting about Folau here.

Gonna have a busy night deleting posts! Nothing new though aye ;)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

I cant see how they are liable for anymore than their share of his salary.
They were liable for that before this blew up.
It’s RA that have terminated him, it’s they that would be liable for any damages he might be awarded for his loss of income from other sources.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You made these assertions before with no basis of factual knowledge about what I have or have not faced. You have no idea at all about my life experience, my racial background or anything about me. Its is easy to try and derail a debate and avoid real facts by attacking individuals who will not conform to the accepted normal.

But just like most of your posts, never let facts get in the way. You sir are a fool and worthy of contempt, though it is nice of you to pick out my posts time and again for non-factual treatment Mr mod. Sorry I should have given you a trigger warning first that your non-factual assertions would be challenged. Do you now need counselling and a safe space to have a little rest. :rolleyes:

I thought it was pretty clear I was referring to Jonathan Haidt given I quoted only that line of your post.

Your are 100% correct that I know nothing about you which is why my post was not in reference to you personally in any way.

I'm sorry if you thought I was commenting about you specifically. I thought it was pretty clear that I wasn't.

Anyway, nice rant with a few attempts at insults directed at me.