• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
For those who havent seen it, including the RA board, have a look at the Barrie Cassidy one plus interview with Peggy O’Neal, (ABC i-view), chairman of Richmond football club board, about governance and patience. Essentially the board shouldnt interfere with the day to day running of the organisation, separate and distinct functions. The antithesis of how some on the RA board and influential zealous outsiders have behaved.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
So do a lot of people on boards.:)

Many a time at 3am in the morning I have completed Board Papers printed them up and sent them out as requested 5 working days before the Board meeting only to sit in these meetings and realise they are reading the papers for the first time at the Board meeting. Then when the meeting is over they leave the Board papers on the table for you to dispose of. They do not keep them for referring back to. It is too big a risk if their house or office gets raiding by ASIC or Police be they state or federal.

Then when things went digital and they access on line and can make notes and highlight etc I thought it would all change. I remember asking the software company would there be a record of the papers, when the Directors accessed them and for how long etc. They laughed at me said they would not be able to sell a software where records of access were collected and Board papers retained. They said most companies elected to have their Board Papers deleted at midnight on the day of the meeting. All those Directors fees and no accountability and no responsibility.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Argentina is very close to a sovereign debt default, and a sad economic prognosis is likely now for the country. With the knock-on effects of this pandemic still yet to kick in worldwide, it won't be the last big story of this kind we see during the year. It probably does push concerns about jetsetting rugby competitions closer to irrelevance.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You’re not wrong about that.

I was just watching an episode of border watch before the news.

they grabbed an Argentinian guy, and found an enormous amount of currency, I’m guessing about the size of 1/2 dozen bricks
long story short, It was under the AUD $10k threshold.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Remember though - for some time IIRC WR (World Rugby) grants have been propping up, or subsidising, Argentina Rugby.

I suspect they may be continuing. If in USD, the local teams would continue the thrill.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Remember though - for some time IIRC WR (World Rugby) grants have been propping up, or subsidising, Argentina Rugby.

I suspect they may be continuing. If in USD, the local teams would continue the thrill.

No doubt why Pichot was very keen to run World Rugby. ;)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
^Will WR (World Rugby) pay UAR's subscription into Sanzaar?

In historical terms Argentina is just about due for its next military coup.
Well, most of those were backed by … the United States … who don't quite stride the globe as before.

But, either way, hurt is on the way.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
That account is a bot. Slightly more subtle, if a script feeding back a posted snippet instead of cheesy advertising and/or cyrillic spam qualifies as subtle.

One of D. Wilson's nicks, I believe, was "Stinky".

Top player.