• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Tetra Faulkner - Is at the Waratahs
Jermain Ainsley - Is signed to the Highlanders next season
Adam Coleman - Is at London Irish
Anaru Rangi - Has just signed with NTT Shining Arcs in Japan

So of those last 6, only Cottrell and Ruru are currently at the club (although Cottrell is reportedly fielding offers from overseas, not sure about Ruru).

Ruru left the club last season. Over in France I think.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/c988fdfc34e1ca37d58f1c678edb03d5
Joseph Sua'ali'i rejects South Sydney Rabbitohs for $3 million deal with Australian rugby

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Report without the paywall here:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/db81e25fad2bc9cf6705c474e0d088ae

Talks about him debuting this year, for both Tahs and the Wallabies if he's ready, which seems pretty doubtful.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Unless there is a third party funding deal we aren't aware of, this seems like a big gamble. The kid is good, but not sure now is the best time to be spending a mill a year on a schoolboy.

That said I am bloody excited to see how he goes

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Unless there is a third party funding deal we aren't aware of, this seems like a big gamble. The kid is good, but not sure now is the best time to be spending a mill a year on a schoolboy.

That said I am bloody excited to see how he goes

I reckon there's a reasonably good chance of that given what we found out in the last year or two about Pocock and Folau's contracts.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
This is ridiculous. We are struggling with no competition or broadcast deal and we bank the whole house on a 16 year old. Id imagine there would be a lot of current players who would be far from happy with todays announcement.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Before i saw the Waratahs mentioned i had assumed Twiggy got hold of him and he was heading to the Force, big money.

Is he a Fullback in Union? Know he plays there in League

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
There is a few players running around in contract from the future fund that is set up with money from silent investors. It’s there to ward off NRL because the clubs can’t even get in the ball park for remuneration. I have a feeling Harrison was the first recipient of it and Pasitoa is currently also on a deal with it.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I wonder if there’s any AOC (7s) involvement? I know that was a carrot that was dangled earlier. Not that I think the Olympics will actually happen next year.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Report without the paywall here:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/db81e25fad2bc9cf6705c474e0d088ae

Talks about him debuting this year, for both Tahs and the Wallabies if he's ready, which seems pretty doubtful.
I follow Souths pretty closely. He trained with our first grade squad in the preseason and from all reports he was ready for NRL this season but couldn't be picked because you have to be 18. I'm not sure about the Wallabies but the Tahs isn't out of the question.