• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
There is a few players running around in contract from the future fund that is set up with money from silent investors. It’s there to ward off NRL because the clubs can’t even get in the ball park for remuneration. I have a feeling Harrison was the first recipient of it and Pasitoa is currently also on a deal with it.
Will Harris could also be on a deal like that, he was linked very heavily with League.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You know something we don't?
No I worded that badly. ‘Financial landscape’ would have been better wording. I’m referring to third party sponsorship becoming more prevalent, and probably outside equity for teams and/or competitions. Keep our players and crank up the perception of the sport and the broadcast dollars will follow.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
No I worded that badly. ‘Financial landscape’ would have been better wording. I’m referring to third party sponsorship becoming more prevalent, and probably outside equity for teams and/or competitions. Keep our players and crank up the perception of the sport and the broadcast dollars will follow.

Given contract freeze on something must have changed behind the scenes for this signing to happen - especially with no broadcast deal officially signed. If this signing is correct it definitely must mean something happening behind the scenes.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Given contract freeze on something must have changed behind the scenes for this signing to happen - especially with no broadcast deal officially signed. If this signing is correct it definitely must mean something happening behind the scenes.
You'd hope, at least. Otherwise this does seem a bit foolish.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
There must be some backing from somewhere. Even the resolve to keep 5 teams. NZ gave the perfect out to chop liabilities in the form of a team or potentially 2.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I sincerely hope that there is private money involved or that a better broadcasting deal is in wind. Otherwise there could soon be quite a few more Roddas looking overseas.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
For those suggesting he could play for the Tahs this year, I think you are being unrealistic. While I admit the kid could be something, he wasn't dominant as a 16 year old last year for the Schoolboys. To step up to Open age Super Rugby would not be fair on the kid or anyone else. A number of our impressive 20s players have yet to make their mark at this level.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
God thats alot of money to throw at a 16 year old with no guarantee he's going to be a world beater. Especially now when RA are fairly skint as it is. Be interesting to see how all the current players that have taken pay cuts will feel about this news.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
God thats alot of money to throw at a 16 year old with no guarantee he's going to be a world beater. Especially now when RA are fairly skint as it is. Be interesting to see how all the current players that have taken pay cuts will feel about this news.
You mean all of them?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wonder if league leaking this to kill any chance of rugby signing the kid...assume more agent bidding up the contract value but gees this stuff murky. I think we are back to nil or low chance of signing the kid...pity...next...