• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby Union (ARU) - Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
And it will, the Pumas were pretty good yesterday. A lot better than us. Their scrum is probably better than the Bokke. (They were outweighed 75 kgs or so by the Blcks, and still more than held their own). Great technique, and lots of practice.
Not really.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There is a real sense of excitement about what Ewen's appointment will mean for Aust Rugby among a lot of long time Wallaby supporters.
He is firm, calm and inclusive.
We finally have a coach who thinks knows we can beat the All Blacks.
The Kiwi's would rather that Deans was still in charge.
Our scrum can only get better.
Players will be accountable for their actions and behaviour.
i'm so sorry :'(

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
We are back, baby! Back on track!!

backontrackagain.png

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Our new Prime Minister is a rugby tragic

PRIME Minister Tony Abbott has had much on his plate in the week since becoming our new leader.

Still, it didn’t stop him from finding time to write this letter to his local rugby club to wish them luck in yesterday’s grand final.

“I am pleased to wish the Forest Rugby Club the best of luck as you play in the Barraclough Cup Grand Final,” the PM wrote.

“Rugby has been a very important part of my life, as it has been for so many Australians. Many of my former teammates are lifelong friends and among my greatest inspirations. It has taught me many things — the knowledge that a champion team will always beat a team of champions; and that the best teams are those who play well, play fair and respect their opponents.

“It is great to see our local Forest team reach the grand final. I congratulate the players and coaches for your hard work, and everyone involved with the club for their support. Good luck! Yours sincerely, Tony”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...against-nrl-boss/story-fni3fbgt-1226719119105

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
A few weeks ago we had a very nasty injury to one of our U17s, fly half. He is OK but had to have one of his disks removed in his neck (came within a couple of millimeters). As soon as the ARU heard, they had a person down to the hospital to provide help (chaplaincy) and a signed copy of the BILs vs Waratahs match ball. Berrick Barnes tweeted and sent down one of his signed Wallabies jersey a number 10. This was all a huge help for the boy and impressed not only him but the whole team.
Well done to the ARU and Berrick, it helped a lot of people through what was a very difficult and frightening period.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
A few weeks ago we had a very nasty injury to one of our U17s, fly half. He is OK but had to have one of his disks removed in his neck (came within a couple of millimeters). As soon as the ARU heard, they had a person down to the hospital to provide help (chaplaincy) and a signed copy of the BILs vs Waratahs match ball. Berrick Barnes tweeted and sent down one of his signed Wallabies jersey a number 10. This was all a huge help for the boy and impressed not only him but the whole team.
Well done to the ARU and Berrick, it helped a lot of people through what was a very difficult and frightening period.

Great to hear that they have their act together, finally. About ten years ago a writer friend of mine who had worked as a shearer's cook for a few months and had made many friends in the Maori community rang me and asked whether I could look into a situation where an amateur player had had a bad accident at training, he was in the Royal Ryde rehab facility, with spinal injuries. I rang a contact of mine at the ARU, and asked what could be done. His answer was "it is a community responsibility". I visited the young man a few times, but there was not much else I could do.

I did call my friend afterwards, I suggested that the ARU should review its procedures, try to find ways to help the community in situations like this.

What they did in this case is largely symbolic, but symbolism is hugely important.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
For those who are complaining about the Hooper YC. I am a referee and whilst whenever I watch the Wallabies player I am as a proud supporter as the next bloke, I did not feel sorry for the YC, and I have touch judged Hooper before and he is an absolute top bloke.

The IRB, SANZAR, ARU and every other rugby organising body have made it crystal clear that any tackle where a player goes beyond the horizontal, regardless whether the actions of the tackler were deliberate or not, will result in either a yellow or red card. The colour of the card is (after being in discussion since 2009) dependent on how the tackled player lands, with any "tip" tackle with the tackled player landing on his head/neck region resulting in a red card, and all others resulting in a yellow. If you look at the replay, regardless that Etzebeth jumped (and tackling a player whilst in the air is an offence in itself, regardless of the intention), Etzebeth lands on his upper shoulder region after extending his arm to break his fall (which we are told not to take into consideration, as this is a common action of players to break their fall). If Etzebeth hadn't jumped, it could easier have been in the grey area between yellow/red, but I applaud Mr Garces on saying in his limited English that he didn't think it was intentional.

I find it incredibly frustrating how partisan Australian supporters are in regards to foul play issues, and commentators are as well. Even the Kiwi commentators in the NZ v RSA game when du Plessis got the first YC (which I agree shouldn't have been a YC). Would have been interesting to see the Aussie commentators if it was an Aussie player.

Guess what happens when the commentators talk about the referee's decisions like that on a Friday or Saturday night. We have to put up with the kids doing it on a Sunday. Regardless of whether the van der Merwe incident was foul play or not, the reaction from Moore and Alexander towards Garces, as members of the national team, was disgraceful, and if I was Garces, after yellow carding van der Merwe, I would have had a strong word to Horwill in front of Moore and Alexander.

Well that's my rant for the day!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I was just thinking. Imagine how good we could be next year with all the Injured players coming back.

JOC (James O'Connor) (assuming he has been a good boy and stays )
Beal (same as above)
Godwin
Higgers
Pocock
Polota nau
Cummins
Palu ( not that I'm a fan lol)

Who am I missing.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
For those who are complaining about the Hooper YC. I am a referee and whilst whenever I watch the Wallabies player I am as a proud supporter as the next bloke, I did not feel sorry for the YC, and I have touch judged Hooper before and he is an absolute top bloke.

The IRB, SANZAR, ARU and every other rugby organising body have made it crystal clear that any tackle where a player goes beyond the horizontal, regardless whether the actions of the tackler were deliberate or not, will result in either a yellow or red card. The colour of the card is (after being in discussion since 2009) dependent on how the tackled player lands, with any "tip" tackle with the tackled player landing on his head/neck region resulting in a red card, and all others resulting in a yellow. If you look at the replay, regardless that Etzebeth jumped (and tackling a player whilst in the air is an offence in itself, regardless of the intention), Etzebeth lands on his upper shoulder region after extending his arm to break his fall (which we are told not to take into consideration, as this is a common action of players to break their fall). If Etzebeth hadn't jumped, it could easier have been in the grey area between yellow/red, but I applaud Mr Garces on saying in his limited English that he didn't think it was intentional.

I find it incredibly frustrating how partisan Australian supporters are in regards to foul play issues, and commentators are as well. Even the Kiwi commentators in the NZ v RSA game when du Plessis got the first YC (which I agree shouldn't have been a YC). Would have been interesting to see the Aussie commentators if it was an Aussie player.

Guess what happens when the commentators talk about the referee's decisions like that on a Friday or Saturday night. We have to put up with the kids doing it on a Sunday. Regardless of whether the van der Merwe incident was foul play or not, the reaction from Moore and Alexander towards Garces, as members of the national team, was disgraceful, and if I was Garces, after yellow carding van der Merwe, I would have had a strong word to Horwill in front of Moore and Alexander.

Well that's my rant for the day!
The sport is going to hell. How can someone get carded for something that isn't bad? Players man as well just start falling on there upper back when tackled on purpose to milk a card. The irb are on drugs. Seriously. What a joke. Someone needs to step up and save the sport. Way to many cards have been given out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.