• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby Union (ARU) - Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The sport is going to hell. How can someone get carded for something that isn't bad? Players man as well just start falling on there upper back when tackled on purpose to milk a card. The irb are on drugs. Seriously. What a joke. Someone needs to step up and save the sport. Way to many cards have been given out this year.

This is a POSITIVITY thread.

Your post is not. There is plenty of other threads to be miserable (or realistic) in.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Have to admit, I am now quite partial to some bacon and eggs on a Sunday morning whilst watching a game of rugby! Winning the game was just the desert that won't bust the waistline!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just watched the Pulveriser on Fox. He was quite impressive and refreshingly realistic about rugby. He is obviously a G&GR follower, as he seems to have adopted many of the views expressed by the thinking members of these threads;).

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Just watched the Pulveriser on Fox. He was quite impressive and refreshingly realistic about rugby. He is obviously a G&GR follower, as he seems to have adopted many of the views expressed by the thinking members of these threads;).

I'm almost certain he's a lurker here. After the details of the preferred club championship were released and they closely mimicked a model discussed on here a fortnight or so beforehand.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
A lot of New Zealanders living in Australia. Surely some of their kids will want to play rugby for Australian teams? Surely?

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
A new club on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
Allambie ( well reformed!).
And I quote from their website.....
Since 2000, the number of young people in the area has continued to grow with the local and surrounding schools experiencing an ever increasing enrolment. Today, rugby union on the Northern Beaches is alive and well with a number of very healthy clubs. The re-establishment of the Allambie Rugby Club is evidence of the size and scale of rugby union and a fantastic opportunity for Allambie and the surrounding area to again have a presence in “the game they play in heaven”.
ahh I feel better

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
There have been worse seasons. Still a few weeks to go, though...

3/11 so far and this is pretty much the worst season I can remember. I haven't been on this earth quite as long as others though.

On a positive note, I expect if the reds can keep their newly signed backrowers together (Browning, Fakosolia, Gunn + Gill, Quirk, Shactz), they will have the best back row rotation in the country in a couple of season time.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Positives - Pocock, Higgers, Pyle, TPN returning from injury and suddenly our forward pack looks very different.

Also Dan Palmer returning from the North an even better scrummager.

Our back-line depth is still pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.