• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys and National Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Joe Mac,

Would your opinion with respect to time be amenable to change if such lads elected to complete their HSC via 'Pathways'?

For those that are unaware, through 'Pathways elite athletes are able to complete the final year of the HSC (i.e. 'Year 12') over two years instead of one.

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Have you got any info (a link?) on this pathways program - I cant find anything that sounds like it on the NSW Board of Studies site.
Cheers.

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
The Pathways program can give you more flexibility in your study arrangements. Under Pathways, you can:

take extra time to complete your HSC (up to five years)
repeat one or more HSC courses
accelerate, taking less time to complete your HSC
gain recognition of prior learning, where you may be granted credit transfer towards your HSC, or advanced standing in a course
combine HSC study with a part-time traineeship

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Pathways program can give you more flexibility in your study arrangements. Under Pathways, you can:

take extra time to complete your HSC (up to five years)
repeat one or more HSC courses
accelerate, taking less time to complete your HSC
gain recognition of prior learning, where you may be granted credit transfer towards your HSC, or advanced standing in a course
combine HSC study with a part-time traineeship

a link? Like the wallabies I need a Link

O

OppO

Someone told me you pick up additional marks in your TER if you represent state or country: anyone else heard that?

Yes you can. However, generally the university you are applying for decides whether to award the points or not.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes you can. However, generally the university you are applying for decides whether to award the points or not.

So, if it's rugby and Sydney uni and their short in your position (hard to imagine that) You're in! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Thanks ; the availability of pathways is not reliant on a person being an elite sports person, then.
Someone told me you pick up additional marks in your TER if you represent state or country: anyone else heard that?

No idea re pathways being available for non elite athletes, but had heard that extra TER marks are given to high achievers in other fields (ie other than academics), regardless of involvement in pathways.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
No idea re pathways being available for non elite athletes, but had heard that extra TER marks are given to high achievers in other fields (ie other than academics), regardless of involvement in pathways.

Extra marks are given for a whole host of reasons , besides being a high achiever academically or a sportsman , e.g. geographical area , language spoken , hardship , disabilities etc etc. ,& are awarded according
to each individual university.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Foxtel will be broadcasting a 1 hour replay of the game Oz Schools v NZ Schools.

Tues 2nd Nov. 2pm ... and
Thurs. 4th Nov 1am

.. so set up the recording of them.

T

tranquility

Why did that Ulupano bloke that the Reds signed not get a run?

Great result lads, not that I know many of the players but the fact that they did it without Cusack and Sautia is very promising.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I watched a replay of this game last night and thought itwas a great effort from OZ. The English schoolboys must have been something to pump them the way they did.

Agree with the posters who rated Wessels the MOTM. He was quite outstanding. As LG has stated the forward pack laid the foundation and there were a number of good performers. Good agression and defencefrom the big boppers up front. Miller was everywhere and you couldn't begrudge him the golden boot, although as I said Wessels was a standout. The second rowers were also good. I can see why Browning is being touted for a move to the front row by some..he is a massive lump. Stewart the 12 looked quite handy and Mosese looks to possess a mercurial pair of feet. Certainly not much to the fullback Clark but he was not afraid of contact, which is always an admirable trait, especially in a smaller guy. The replacement 10. also impressed when he came on.

NZ made a few too many mistakes but showed glimpses of class with ball in hand. Their captain and No. 8 looked the goods and I thought they had a few outside backs who might have troubled OZ more if the 12 had passed it a bit more.

Probably all been said before but my take on a first viewing..well done OZ!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Looking at the game on TV I think I mixed up flankers Baldwin and Miller a bit. They look similar though Miller is smaller. He certainly had a cracking game and better than I thought as I ascribed some of his work to Baldwin, who was also good.

Yeah the replacement 10. McIntyre looked good didn't he? And he is back at school next year, as is 12. Stewart.

I can't find my programme at the minute but I believe Browning is about 193cms and 107kgs; so he could be a LHP, but I have always marked him down as a future no.8. Neither at the ground, nor on TV could I work out if he is fast enough to play no 8 as he plays in the 2nd row for Oz Schools - and the same for the two previous years.

Can anybody who has watched BSHS a bit comment on whether or not he may be fast enough to play 8 in senior rugby?

A pity that CFS couldn't play. He has been out for most of the season.

T

tranquility

I watched the replay at well Spectator, and my thoughts are pretty similar to yours.

Miller was unusually good, it was a pretty special performance an aussy backrower against the kiwis. The 9 is a genuine talent, and could be a very good senior player. Then 10 was also very solid, a good bread and butter flyhalf that we can be short of in Australia.

Curtis Browning is a great prospect, but he is a very unusual build. Depending on how he grows (how much more is could there be?) he might not be able to play anywhere but the front row. He will be too short for Lock, and I doubt will have the speed / agility to be a backrower. He reminds me in build of a Dave Taylor.

If Cusack has played yesterday would Miller have played 7? That position seems like a natural fit for him..

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Seen Browning at 8 for BSHS and he certainly has the impact you would want from a backrower. Speed is a concern but his ball handling skills and crash ball are good, I can't see him in the pigs or continuing at lock. 8 is definitely his position, although he has played blindside previously IIRC.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I finally got around to my replay. Baldwin and Miller were tackling machines; brought down anything in black as soon as they got the ball. Both very mobile and fit, I think that's what got us over the line. However that was one of the poorest Kiwi teams I've seen, distinct lack of execution compared to previous years. Doubt we'll see many of them go onto higher things.

Status
Not open for further replies.