• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rugbywhisperer

rugbywhisperer said:
Lee Grant said:
Noddy,

You posted an article a few months ago that Price may go to the AFL. Bloody hell. He's a great young winger and your heart is in your mouth every time he gets the ball.

I can't remember a more exciting winger at the schools level in the last 10 years and couldn't trust my memory before then. The nearest was Joseph Tomane last year, but he went to the NRL and has already been ot the park for the Melbourne Storm. I'd rate them both higher than Drew Mitchell as a schoolboy though I didn't see a lot of him, to be honest.

Talk is cheap, but I reckon that our Wallaby team in a few years time will miss these two fine young players compared to if they had they stayed in our sport, but they are not going to get a mention. We will be saying something like: why haven't some good young fast wingers come through from Oz Schools? This lot is crap and too slow.

Don't fret - there are a couple of dynamic wingers coming through -
State High (Bris), TSS and Nudgee all have some very handy wingers and some running very respectable 100m times.
you will forget N Price soon enough

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I had a lunch with a prominant AFL identity a week or so ago and they are pretty stoked about signing Price away from rugby.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
I had a lunch with a prominant AFL identity a week or so ago and they are pretty stoked about signing Price away from rugby.

I hear he gets around $150k or maybe even more for the three year deal. Who can compete with that?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Playing in Europe somewhere.

Addendum: a bit of research finds him at Bourgoin in 2015/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.