• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
6 extra players have been told to go to the training starting tomorrow. They are likely going to be the extra players brought in. Pending injuries.

Was their a training session at the SFS today?

As I saw some familiar faces today not in orginal squad loitering around the SFS.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

That makes 4 from Waverley in the Aussie school boys team.

Not quite sure but the last time a school achieved a number like that was in 1977 from Matraville High school, ie 3 Ella bros,Lloyd Walker (I think) and Tony Melrose (I think).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but either way, a tremendous effort.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)

Not quite sure but the last time a school achieved a number like that was in 1977 from Matraville High school, ie 3 Ella bros,Lloyd Walker (I think) and Tony Melrose (I think).

Is definitely a tremendous effort. One i can't see being bettered in a while. Well done lads. Well done Waverley.

There have however, been some teams with even greater representation, relatively recentky too. Kings 2010, for example, had five in schoolboys.

Its all here...

https://www.schoolsrugby.com.au/team-lists/

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Is definitely a tremendous effort. One i can't see being bettered in a while. Well done lads. Well done Waverley.

There have however, been some teams with even greater representation, relatively recentky too. Kings 2010, for example, had five in schoolboys.

Its all here.

https://www.schoolsrugby.com.au/team-lists/

Thanks Rich,

I was guessing there were some other big efforts, eg Kings in 2010 and New 2013, those types of numbers from any 1 school are WOW, when you think how hard it is to get 1 or 2 in the team.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Melrose went to Northmead High

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Yep. W Melrose definitely 2nd Row in schoolboys. He also played there for years with Randwick first grade. Was also a bloody good coach. He coached me in 15As and 16As at Scots. Coached Scots 1st XV to GPS Premiership in 1987 and 1993 too IIRC.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Joeys had 6 reps in a couple of teams in the early 1990s and 7 went on an Australian Schoolboys tour. Through the 80s and 90s, they regularly had 3/4 reps each year.

T

Thirsty thirds

Pat Eadie surely would have been close to this, well if he had atleast a bit of his brothers ability

Status
Not open for further replies.