• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Super Rugby Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Rd 2
Brumbies v Reds: 13'670
Waratahs v Force: 15'785
Total: 29'455

Rd 3
Waratahs v Reds: 17'580
Force v Brumbies: 10'589
Total: 28'169

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Force slipping under 10k is disappointing, hopefully a few punters will return for Chiefs. Tahs' bandwagon will really start to kick if they mince the Brumbies this weekend.

My crowd predictions this weekend:

Chiefs Stormers - 13k
Rebels Crusaders - 17k
Hurricanes Cheetahs - 8k
Highlanders Force - 12k
Brumbies Waratahs - 20k
Lions Blues - 20k (this one is the hardest to predict imo could be anywhere from 8 - 30 thousand people at this game??)
Sharks Reds - 19k

Not really too many crowd pullers in there apart from Brumbies Tahs and even then that's only at GIO (canberra) stadium.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Still relatively early in the season though, only just getting over the cricket. I think people in general are still waiting to see if their team is in for a good year or not before they start spending their money to get behind them at games, which I guess is disappointing. The table hasn't really settled into any pattern as yet, and it is still quite even across the board - so you would think this would invite more people to the games because the contest is still hot.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
You will notice that the loig crowds are down too. i think i saw one article state they are on-track for their lowest first round attendance figures in a long time. With AFL starting this weekend it will be interesting to see how they go in Sydney (don't think Melbourne will have any problems for AFL crowds).

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah, the league crowds (or lack thereof) are really interesting.

On paper it was round 1 with not too much local competition (other than A-League). A couple of blockbuster games as well. And yet the crowds were disappointing across the board.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
13,000 for the Storm this week apparently. Pretty much exactly the same as the Rebels.

17k for the Giants up in Sydney. Rugby really, seriously, needs to start learning from the AFL.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
17k for Swans vs. Giants is pretty ordinary to be frank.

Swans have 35k members and Giants have 10k.

We could learn something about membership from the AFL!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
After the Swans got touched up by the less favoured mob from cross town, will we be seeing a drop off in the "Swans faithful" in time honoured fickle Sydney Sports Fan tradition?

T

TOCC

Rd 2
Brumbies v Reds: 13'670
Waratahs v Force: 15'785
Total: 29'455

Rd 3
Waratahs v Reds: 17'580
Force v Brumbies: 10'589
Total: 28'169

Rd 4
Reds v Cheetahs: 27'670
Force v Rebels: 9,895
Total: 37'565

Rd 5

Rebels v Crusaders: 13'942
Brumbies v Waratahs: 17'016
Total: 30'958

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
In 2013...
The Brumbies averaged 14,281
The Rebels averaged 11,947
The Force averaged 12,422
Tahs 16,949!
reds 31k

This year they are...
Brumbies 15,343
Rebels 12,100
Force 10,242
Tahs 16,682
reds 27k (only 1 game).

I'm confident that most of these crowds will increase as they generally do throughout the seasons.
Tahs had some shocking crowds last year including 11,206 and 12,263. If we avoid these and remain competitive until the end, they should smash last year's average. ( The lowest crowd thus far is 16k).
Force should rise as they are finding form.
Brumbies are a worry ( last year's Tahs game saw 20k attend vs this year where 17k turned up).
The Rebels should exceed last year's average if they continue to have a crack.
The Reds may slip a bit as they were below 30k for the first time in a long time. Admittedly it was against the Cheetahs.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Reds may slip a bit as they were below 30k for the first time in a long time. Admittedly it was against the Cheetahs.

I reckon the Crusaders game will compensate for that game, although if we don't beat the Lions then the first game back v the Stormers will be a sub-30k crowd as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.