• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AUSTRALIAN U/20's 2011 IRB CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NorthernSon

Hmmm,
The event starts on the 10 June in Italy. Can someone advise me of when the ARU will announce the touring squad? Who are likely to make the team, will Gill and Hooper be released from Super rugby?

Lets hope that he ARU selectors look broader than former Australian Schoolboys forwards in this years selections, as it is proven that at Aus schoolboy level and at under 20's that they have failed in recent years when facing the physical presence of the Junior All Blacks.

N

NorthernSon

Not sure what that means...
Hmmm Qwerty, I have edited the original post to assist you.

In simple terms the majority of Australian Schools selected forwards in 2009 & 10 have not risen to the opportunity that they have been given and failed against NZ Schools ( Curtis Browning and Liam Gill are exceptions).

Picking from the same limited stock will have us destined for repeated failure at the under 20 level.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Losing to NZ is hardly a failure imo. They are the benchmark for rugby in all age groups. Last year's side made the final and were only beaten by NZ. It's a tough ask to beat them and I don't know why you think they didn't rise to the opportunity, what about the fact that they just came up against better players? I doubt there were people sitting at home that could've done better.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Northern Son - If you check the thread started by Lily you will find that, I beleive it was Lee Grant, listed players who attended the first camp. A few of these were new forwards if you check it against the squad from last year. The selections, I hear, will be posted in early May some time.

N

NorthernSon

Hmmm, Thanks twenty seven I was unaware of the original thread, I will do the research on past posts but was hoping that someone may actually have some updated facts on who is under the microscope in the camps , who is coaching, who is a predicted tourist and who are those who shouldnt tour etc.

Hmmm Cando, I have inadvertantly started every post with hmmm or hmmmm, Im sorry it is a bad habit that I havent been able to shake since my time as a Tibetan Monk where I was in doing my bit in developing the game at a schoolboy level in this emerging Asian Rugby powerhouse. If you want to play rugby at real altitude then spend some time on the foot hills of the Himalayas, once saw a lad kick a penalty from 22 metres out from his own goal line !

Status
Not open for further replies.