• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia's Tour of the West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Thought I'd start a thread for this, given that the test squad has been announced. Not a bad team and no massive surprises. I'm glad to see Peter Forrest get a go, because he batted pretty well in the ODI's and he has some first class runs behind him this season. The rest of them pick themselves in my view.

Michael Clarke (capt), Shane Watson, Michael Beer, Ed Cowan, Peter Forrest, Brad Haddin (wk), Ryan Harris, Ben Hilfenhaus, Michael Hussey, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Ricky Ponting, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade (wk), David Warner

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
No idea, but I'll bet it's serious. The WI is far enough away from OZ that coming home would have to be for an emergency. Good luck to him and his family.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
The ODI's are 1-1 at the moment with Forrest being dropped for game 3 due to poor amount of runs since his 100 in Hobart. This rule obviously only applies to certain players...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Wonderful win by Australia, harks back to that Adelaide test against the Poms, what, six years ago. Goes to show some self-belief allied with a never-say-die attitude can take a team a long way.

Will this victory herald the start of another golden era in Australian cricket? I hope so. But the two ageing batsmen won't be part of it.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah great come from behind victory wasn't it!

I'm more and more impressed by Clarke's captaincy. That declaration was a master stroke for mine and put the pressure back on WI to take up the running. I like how positive he is and is always trying to make something happen. His batting has stepped up to a new level with the top job too.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Doncha just love statistics in cricket: this win in Barbados is Australia's first when declaring while behind! Been done three times previously, by others, initially by England at the same venue in 1935. Must be something in the water.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hoping someone has the inside word on the reason haddin is coming home

Don't know if you have seen (only just found this thread), but it hit the press last week. His toddler has cancer I believe. Tragic and I wish him and his family all the best.

V

vacant

Don't know if you have seen (only just found this thread), but it hit the press last week. His toddler has cancer I believe. Tragic and I wish him and his family all the best.

Best Luck for Brad , not sure what's happening with the Aussie keeping position as it's up for grabs at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.