• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Away Strip/Sub Jerseys/B Strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Serious stuff that we should all be talking about right now.

I've always understood that (oddly) it is in fact the home team that gets the priority for the alternate strip, based on the tradition that it was easier for home sides to organize them rather than the visiting (or usually touring) team.

Of course traditionally the notion is to prevent confusion between the 2 teams. Have the Wobs ever used an away strip that anyone can remember? All I can think of is last RWC, when there was some thought that we would clash with Romania. so a white jersey was available (preponderance of canary yellow?), but this never eventuated IIRC?

On the other hand - the Orcs decision to don the Wales (Tonga) jersey last week reminded me of their varied use of the Bristol colour chart: Black in 2011 RWC (genius); Purple against us - white and gold always a likely confusion - (disaster and used in our last greatest win against them back in 2012 I think?); and the ABs - Grey (disaster in 2007 RWC); white at various times.

While we never really would clash with anyone - Bokke have our colours but in reverse - it would be interesting to see an away jersey (that of course we would only use at home:confused:).

(I get it - it's all marketing, and the ARU would no doubt rank this only just below "door funds").

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The seven's team have a blue away strip, not sure about the wallabies, but they'd only really need one for world's cup years, clashing with Romania and possibly Spain.
15434348078_c12b5edb3e_k.jpg

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
They wore an away strip (green & gold hoops) against Romania in the 95 RWC

17814.2.jpg

Edit: beaten by RugbyReg - so here's a shot of Tony Daly in the jersey (though it looks more orangey in this one)

548719-tony-daly.jpg

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
It wasn't by adidas but by peerless wasn't it? The strongest traditional away jersey is that white one with the green band between the old green and the new gold. Its what the current "heritage" jersey from asics is based on.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I would like to see them just bring out a nice looking "Supporters Jersey' if not an Away Strip.

Something along the lines of what Canterbury did with these ITM Cup jerseys for Southland and Otago but instead have a Wallaby on a beach or some other Aussie backdrop.

Just make sure it's something that would look nice just to walk around the streets in while still showing support for the Wallabies.

Southland ITM Cup.jpg
Otago ITM Cup.jpg

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Something along the lines of what Canterbury did with these ITM Cup jerseys for Southland and Otago but instead have a Wallaby on a beach or some other Aussie backdrop.

There would probably be a shitstorm about which state the backdrop was in with those from other states boycotting the jersey. Then once the sales figures were out the fans from other states would point to this performance as a reason why their state's backdrop should have been picked and why the selected backdrop should never represent Aus again.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I was initially going to object to your assertion there Bardon, but then I thought about it for about 2.3 seconds and realised that's pretty much what would happen! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.