• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians v World XV

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
bGrWFipY_o.png

Back of thigh bandage but walking slowly at HT

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah look, Folau still has wheels. Forgot how big he is too. Oh well.

Losing Hosea to Japan makes me want to get Hockings back even more, can't teach height. We have almost no tall timber still on shore in Aus, surely we can stump up some change for him.

Quade was pretty amazing, offloaded more than a few times, slipped tackles, kicked well. Good lad.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

You can call me hardline but **ALL** foreign nationals who shit in the hand that produced their burgeoning skills and abruptly turn their back on the opportunity to play test rugby and instead choose to trot around in that idiotic crowdless corporate dogshit comp in Japan should be liberally ladled with scalding-hot snot soup by customs officers should they dare to deign to grace their home shores in the next, say, 10 years fuckit make it 15.

giphy.gif

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Great fun this one. If they play that shit house song every try at the world cup it's gona make it hard to watch

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Quades defence was the most pleasing thing to see in this match.

Quade had some very good defence and was quite consistent, but got caught out of position at times, particularly wide - to be fair ditto the whole back line. He did seem to have Folau's number though we shouldn't guild the Lilly. It was a good performance in defence but it's not the reason he is looking good for 10 in the Wallabies.

The most pleasing thing(s)?

1. Quade's communication with EJ (Eddie Jones). Key discussion in brief at half time. Clearly information and guidance moving between them and I guess responses on the field.
2. Quade has not lost his cross field kick.
3. Flattening up big time in the second half re-directing how the game was being played.
4. 60 mins at a reasonable high level building some rugby leg-time.

Of all squad members, Quade has currency in working with EJ (Eddie Jones) as HC. It isn't a bad start in prep for the RWC.